PlastCraft CopyCat Board

Brandu

I was in the process of getting back into Malifaux after taking a sabbatical from gaming and in the process of looking around online I came across a PlastCraft advert picture  that I really liked.

The problem was that I just couldn't justify the cost to myself.

Enter a Not-So--Local Friendly Gamestore that was having a big sale. That all said, I decided to do a slightly modified version of this:

2088950014_PlastCraftTable.thumb.jpg.6fbd58cdc5b93a111e98c9755b04b008.jpg

• Like 1

Here's the initial setting up of the terrain boards, I'm using 1/4" MDF as the base and the Plast Craft Tower and Sewers Walkways are the pieces shown.                                

Notes:                                  

The instruction sheets for the Plast Craft stuff leave a little to be desired. ALWAYS dry fit and double check .

The color printing is only on one side as you get the ready to assemble pieces.  You are warned.                                 

Superglue holds real well on these.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=106749.0

• Like 1

Work well under way using LEMAX Landscape Accents O Scale Cobblestone sheets for the roads and I am using Black Brick Wall or Street cardstock sheets glued on top of Foamboard for the sidewalks. Hardest part is making sure that the center strip stays the right width to let the boardwalk terrain sit correctly.

I'm really hoping that I have enough of the cobblestone....

• Like 1

Layout well under progress with the elevated Sewers Walkway set painted up and the Tower sitting happy inside it's sidewalk "holder". First picture shows the base terrain glued on as well. Very happy with the way the Walkways sit inside the sidewalks. Definitely made a mistake using only 1/4" MDF as the base board. I highly recommend 1/2" at a minimum due to warping issues I encountered. (I ended up painting the bottom of the board to 'pull' the board back into flat. 

• Like 2

A different view of the board in progress, I'm not too sure on my grass coverage. I wanted it to look sparse and worn, but not sure if I have it right or not...

The other half of the base board is done, as well as the other elevated walkway and the Mausoleum.

• Like 1

Last set of pictures as with the last of the highlighting done on the wood parts, I'm going to call this Board completed. The Downtown Building wasn't working out, so I replaced it with the Old Town Building, and I also added in the Old Town Barricades (all by Plast Craft)
I still have more building to make for swapping out and some Hanging Trees to paint, but this one is done for the sake of playing on it.
I may add some minor touches here and there such as wall climbing vines, but that's pure extras.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Think the grass looks fine with the buildings over top of it. If you wanted to blend it in a bit more you could do a light scatter of flock around each patch to make the edges less sharp. Think it's fine as it is though, especially when it's  broken up by buildings.

Board as a whole looks fantastic. Hope you're very happy with it. 😀