Question about zipp

Jrp1000

Hello,

i have just got some crews for malifaux and I am about to start playing. I think I understand enough of the rules to start playing. My first master is zipp that I will play. However I am struggling to understand his ability blasting off again. If I understand it correctly when I am attacked and need to make a defense or willpower flip if I flip (or cheat as well?)  a mask I can then trigger his ability and move him away from the model attacking me. Is that correct? If so does that mean after I have moved if I am then out of range does the attack I was facing simply end?

sorry if this is a really obvious question. I can get my head around most abilities of the models I have but that one I found confusing.

thanks in advance

Is that what the "after resolving against an enemy..." bit means then...after the first attach has resolved its full opposed duel rule steps, I can then activate zips ability and place myself 6 inches from where I was? So it essentially means you can generally only attack me once before I will then move as the zipp player providing I get get the ability off.

thanks for replying. Whilst I have you here...

the keyword stubborn.. does it simply mean if your attack is against my willpower and I have the stubborn keyword your attack flip is a negative flip. I assume the core rules apply though in terms of a positive cancelling a negative on a 1 for 1 basis so an attack flip with a positive would simply become a standard flip against a model with stubborn.

many thanks

"After resolving against an enemy" on a defensive trigger means that if you are attacked by an enemy (some triggers do not have that last part, so they can use it even against friendly attacks), and if you have the right suit(s) either build in to your stat, directly from the flipped card, from stoning for the suit (before flipping the card(s)) or from some other ability, then you can use that trigger regardless of the outcome of the attack, but it will only happen after step five of the attack sequence, so after receiving damage. Also remember that defensive triggers are resolved before offensive triggers, so if the opponent have a push into base contact trigger, you might end up in engagement if you haven't used the terrain to your advantage.

If the trigger had said something like "After succeeding..." then you would only get to use the trigger if you won the duel, likewise "After failing ... " requires you to lose the duel and "After being damaged ..." or something similar requires that you actually take some direct damage from the attack. If you understand how offensive triggers work, this is really analogous to that.