Kaeris in Wave 5

RhiaCat

I was remembering the old trick in Hoffman crews to boost the Ml of steam arachnid swarm up to 7. These are very effective against low Def models as they have the Overwhelm trigger which allows them to generate an attack for free at -1 Ml. I remember killing a Def 4 Mr Graves on the first attack of a charge because of these triggers and the positive flips to damage.

Unfortunately, in a typical arcanist crew, this trigger is less effective because they dont benefit from the Hoffman trick. However, I was thinking that with the new Kaeris upgrade it might be possible to reproduce something similar on debuffed models. Imagine a Nekima with Def 2: she may suffer a lot from a charge from such minion. The swarm would not even suffer damage from black blood.

It sounds less effective than a Cerberus with min damage 3, Ml 6 and the 4 card drawn with Miranda. But it is less tome intensive, it can eat scheme markers and may heal if you bring a steam fitter. With armour 1, it might also be a bit more resistant than the cerberus and costs 1 stone less. The cerberus does not need the opponent to be debuffed though: he'll always be effective if you have the tomes.

Has anyone tried the swarm with the new Kaeris upgrade?