Considering kirai

Joachim

Hi guys, 

I'm planning to start kirai in the near future and want some advice. I've played guild arcanists and neverborn but never ressers. I also never played a summoner.

1. What would you advice for buys? What summons are priority to buy?

2. What playstyle/tactics would you advice? Are there auto includes/highly recommended picks.

3. What are your opinions on lost love? Its nice that he can also summon ikiryo, but looks rather weak for 4ss?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Buying plans often matter if you are going to want other masters eventually in my opinion.  For example, Belles might be worth getting eventually but if you are every considering Seamus you are better buying his box then the Rotten Belle box.  Same with a couple other options.  For example I often suggest to people getting a Flesh Construct for Kirai as a summoning node for her.  That lets you save any Seshin you end up with for other uses, activations, or back up summon points.  And if you ever want McMourning there is a Flesh Construct in his box as a consideration. *Though McMourning likes having two as an option so you could get one for Kirai and later get McMourning's box*

Things I would likely get right off the bat to round her out would be Datsue ba's box as it gets you a henchmen and gets you your full allotment of seshin.  In my opinion I like Shikome and Drowned for summoning as both are also undead making them potential trigger points for Ikiryo.  Another model that I also see a lot in Kirai lists is Izamu as a beater.  Gaki are a good purchase once you have Datsue ba as well.

I think Lost Love is a pretty solid hire because it lets you spread out the Aura to summon Ikiryo and gives another source of healing.  Ya he is kind of expensive at 4ss but he can be a pain in the butt with spreading that aura around.  The fact he can hop 12" with a 1AP to a henchmen or Kirai means he can be mobile and if your henchmen is forced to pull away hop over there to keep the aura in use.

• Like 1

I have doctor dufresne (alt mcmourning) from titanias box.

So it will be an option to play him especially since I already play guild. But since resser mccmourning kinda needs his boxset I'll have to get it anyway eventually.

Whats nice is that shikome work really well with mcmourning as well I read. So there is some crossover between the crews. I also have a zoraida and don't own nurse yet so thats a bonus.

Malifaux has so many great and interesting models it's hard to choose though. At least if you're still fond of your wallet and its contents.

• 2 weeks later...

I recommend listening to Schemes & Stones' master spotlight on Kirai. The person being interviewed on the podcast sets out his rather unorthodox Kirai list. 

It's a very powerful list, and funnily will utilize the sebastian from McM's box set, which you'll get if you get McM's box.

The only other major piece from a box set would be Philip from Molly's box set--Molly can be a spirit summoner as well though, so gives you a different take on spirit summoning. Kirai is like using a precision rifle while Molly is more using a bazooka. 

While the podcast doesn't explain activation by activation play, it's not particularly hard to figure out after a few dry-runs, and it's a pretty consistent list. 

I'd recommend doing the unorthodox one if you want more "competitive" kirai right away. Alternatively, you could hire the Flesh Construct from McM's box and use it as a summoning battery, bringing the construct back to full with the nurse so you can rinse and repeat as desired.