Akaname - What are they good for?

EpicWaffle

Just bought a box of akaname from Black Friday sale, mainly for the minnis which are awesome, but also cause I was kinda intrigued in what I can do with them. I know they are supposed to work mainly for Brewie/Asami, but they might be a good cheap scheme runner, seeing their 0 action, while also being a good hunter in some ways, if you manage to stack some poison on the target

All this is just speculation tho, so I was wondering if anyone had tried them already or has some ideas and some niche tricks to share

Thanks to whom who'll answer :D 

I am planning on throwing them into my Brewmaster kill build.  I haven't run it yet with them, but it would be a good way to up the damage, since they increase their usefulness as poison goes up, and they're very cheap models to bring along.

They'd be great against a McMourning crew, for damn sure.  Just neuter that guy.

To me they look like TT models but the TT pool was already full so they were made dual-Faction and put into our section :D 

I could see them working nicely with Fermented River Monks.

I guess that with the new Upgrade Whiskey Golem might be able to raise Poison level enough to allow Akaname to do something with it but other than that I don't see a use for them outside of Brewie (and even there I think that they are a bit iffy as focusing on Poison with Brewie seems to be a trap).

I really like the models, though!

• Like 1

With Zoraida you can make some interesting things with that poison, specially if you hire a Performer too. You can make moonshinobis very mobile outside of a brewmaster crew too.

7 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

and even there I think that they are a bit iffy as focusing on Poison with Brewie seems to be a trap

I don't know, I haven't tested the little fellas yet, but they seem to me like the key to make Poison Brewie viable, at least in theory.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

To me they look like TT models but the TT pool was already full so they were made dual-Faction and put into our section :D 

I could see them working nicely with Fermented River Monks.

I guess that with the new Upgrade Whiskey Golem might be able to raise Poison level enough to allow Akaname to do something with it but other than that I don't see a use for them outside of Brewie (and even there I think that they are a bit iffy as focusing on Poison with Brewie seems to be a trap).

I really like the models, though!

I agree with you, they do feel more TT than gremlins on the card :( the main thing imo is that they have no way to self raise their poison, aside from taking it from others or when things die (which would had compensate for not having reckless), limiting them just for the brew master, which is a pity imo sinché the models are so nice and had so much potential for their design

still, a model with 5/5 with 5 hp and 7 charge with a melee 5 that reaches a medium of 3 sure have a lot of value, but in a faction where with one extra ss you get reckless and more sinergy, I guess they become kinda overwhelming. 

Still, I'm sure going to give them a couple of tests, since I love the minis so much and they might have some hidden potential!

18 hours ago, Four_N_Six said:

I am planning on throwing them into my Brewmaster kill build.  I haven't run it yet with them, but it would be a good way to up the damage, since they increase their usefulness as poison goes up, and they're very cheap models to bring along.

They'd be great against a McMourning crew, for damn sure.  Just neuter that guy.

Initially I saw that possibility too! Especially with swill going around, a potential ml8 is no joke, tho it forces you to cheat at least medium, cause 1 dmg minimum is kinda garbage :| I think they work far better as scheme runner/ hunter, like for Mc cabe dogs or silurids (especially with the tome trigger).

I really hope they can work fine, cause they're one of my favorite models :D and it's a good occasion to focus for a while on brewie