Conditions as 'loot'

burlinghoff

I'm running TTB. I'm thinking of granting conditions as story elements, fated rewards, and adventure hooks.

Condition on a Wastrel allows the use of cards as designed for range, so 3yd X thrown skill instead of just 3yd, ala Gambit

Another condition. Since we're starting earthside, I want to shrink a player and give the condition Feeling Green: Grants the Low Standards talent, effectively turning them Gremlin.

Are these appropriate? Are there already conditions that do this sort of stuff? I'm looking for more ideas.

I was inspired by a One Shot complication that granted +flip on attack or defense for the rest of the day.

The problem with using Conditions for that is the duration, and the fact that you're saying "Your reward for this is something that's going to go away in X hours of story time, whether you make any use of it in that time or not."

As a player, my response would be, in most cases (particularly at the end of a story session), "Thanks for nothing."  :mellow: