Pigapult proxy?

the tick

Recently started playing Malifaux and (obviously) gremlins are where I began. I'm heavy on the porcine models because Ulix is the master I purchased. Lately I've been pining after the pigapult. But as a broke @$$ grad-student I'm looking for ways to save money when possible. So last night it occurred to me that I never finished assembling the Mountain Breaker Cannon I purchased while I was playing Confrontation so many years ago. For those not familiar, this is the model to which I'm referring:

mountainbreaker.jpg

I know it's probably not all that thematic (unless Sparks went from mechanical pig creation to building cannons) but I think I'm going to attempt to repurpose the cannon as a pigapult. Besides lopping the head off a piglet, attaching it to some sort of simulated smoke (cotton balls?) and stuffing that in the barrel, does anybody have any other ideas for ensuring the bacon-howitzer looks suitably pigapult-ish? I'm also feeling that the exploding piglet who's faceplanting also sort of looks like it could have just been launched from a cannon....? Anyway, throw out your ideas!

• Like 2