This little piggy stayed at home (with Zoraida)

Je ne c'est LaCroix

Pig help please!

Small GG2016 tourney coming up imminently, and it would seem time recently has not permitted me to paint the 50+ models I had identified as crucial to being competitive. Of the 50+ identified I have painted none of them. I have now settled on a purely bacon-fun, but not embarrassing effort in the tourney, and with recent talk on Zoraida pig charge obeys I'm going in full pigs blazing. I have very little experience with swinery other than pigapult/stuffed pigs, and not ready to bring a Ulix. Sooo, with time remaining to paint/base perhaps one additional model, I'd appreciate a heads up on dirty fun tips with these guys and which extra model should I build in time to go to market?

I'm bringing these:

Zoraida, Voodoo

Piglets, Stuffed Pigs, Pigapult, Gracie, Slop Hauler, War Pig, Boars

McT, Crocs, Waldgeist

Lenny, Francois, Trixie, Burt, Sammy, Raphael, Fingers, Merris

Bayou Grems

Killjoy, Lazarus, Hans, Johan

So I'm thinking adding one (maybe two) of: The Sow, Old Major, Taxidermist or Hog Whisperer. Or Sparks

I've not used War Pig or Lazarus or Hans before so any tips gratefully received on who my +1 should be and any fiendish synergies. I could Nurse or Iggy of course but I want it to be more piggy pop so anything you can think of in the pigs + Z + Voodoo department would be dynamite ta

IMO Your number one priority is to get access to the generic Gremlin upgrades from Ripples of Fate. One Pig Against The World is a 0ss War Pig upgrade that makes it pretty nasty for a single activation, and Pork Whisper'n gives a model the Pork Whisper'n ability that Ulix has (to stop your pigs charging all over the place because of Set'er Off).

I'd definitely strongly suggest you bring a Nurse. They do so much for Zoraida with the Doll, you can keep a model paralysed the entire game with just one AP per turn off your Nurse and any crow.

Lazarus with Sparks is tempting, as well as making an armoured War Pig, but I'd be wary of bringing Sparks in a Zoraida crew, unfortunately he could sabotage you with Hostile Work Environment: you couldn't Obey an enemy within :aura8 of Sparks to attack another of your enemies because of it.

Taxidermists are okay, but I think you have so many amazing models competing for the 7 stone slot already that you'll struggle to fit them in.

Old Major is a thought, particularly if you feel like you might lack scheme runners, drop Corn Husks on him and let your Piglets do the rest.

A Hog Whisperer is a thought, and is definitely #1 priority if you can't get access to Pork Whisper'n off the upgrade for whatever reason, but their main trick of reactivating pigs isn't quite as useful with only one big pig to benefit from it (Gracie of course reactivates herself)

I'd be most tempted to say The Sow. Another nice beater for Zoraida to Obey, as well as Smell Fear, which means you could hit an enemy with an Obey, have them hit a friend, and then get hit by the Sow for failing the Wp duel on Obey. Plus in the possible case that Collect the Bounty comes up as a scheme, expensive killy minions are great there since they can dish out the hurt but only give 1 bounty point when they die. Ideally if you could pair The Sow up with a Hog Whisperer for reactivatey goodness, that would probably be my recommendation.

EDIT: You know what, I actually totally forgot about Old Major's aura that gives :+fates to charges. I'd probably suggest him or The Sow as the main options, just remember that Old Major's aura only applies during the model that's charging's activation, so if you Obey a pig to charge from near Old Major it won't get the :+fates.

• Like 1

If you are going with only one more model I would suggest the Sow. As @Dogmantra points out smell fear combines well with obey. Additionally the Sow is terrifying which means you can obey an enemy to hit the Sow fail the terrifying duel and paralyse them and then eat them with the Sow. 

Mid going very pig heavy Old Major would be good as an addition but I would take the Sow first with Zoraida 

• Like 2