Questions from my third game

papasmrf667

Question

Does a ht 1 model in base contact with a ht1 wall have LOS to a ht 2 target 5 inches away?

Can a ht1 model charge or move over a ht1 wall towards the aforementioned ht 2 target?

Can a ht1 model walk over ht1 terrain like the wall in question?

If a push doesn't state 'directly away' or something explicit can it be around corners and such?

When model A is pulled into base contact with model B can it be placed in front of model B? or does it have to be 'pulled' like trailing behind it? This came up because of some viktoria slingshot actions. maybe I'm not phrasing is well..

2 answers to this question

1. Yes. When determining LoS you ignore any blocking terrain that has a lower Ht than whichever is higher of the attacker and the target. Unless you're using vantage point rules, your proximity to the blocking terrain does not affect your LoS.

2. Depends on how you defined the terrain. Some people like to call small walls severe, so you can walk "through" them but at a cost of extra movement. Other people call them climbable, so you can climb up and over for 2" per Ht of the terrain. There's a fairly big debate about whether you can climb during a charge. I'm on the side of "no" because it's a change in direction, and therefore not a straight line, but others say the straight line needs only to be top-down. Best to just work it out with your playgroup.

3. See answer to 2.

4. Pushes must always be in a straight line. If they specify away from or towards a model or marker, they must be pushed directly away from or towards (there is no distinction between towards and directly towards). If they don't specify a direction though, whoever controls the action or ability that generated the push gets to pick the direction, but it must still be in a straight line.

1. Yes. When determining LoS you ignore any blocking terrain that has a lower Ht than whichever is higher of the attacker and the target. Unless you're using vantage point rules, your proximity to the blocking terrain does not affect your LoS.

2. Depends on how you defined the terrain. Some people like to call small walls severe, so you can walk "through" them but at a cost of extra movement. Other people call them climbable, so you can climb up and over for 2" per Ht of the terrain. There's a fairly big debate about whether you can climb during a charge. I'm on the side of "no" because it's a change in direction, and therefore not a straight line, but others say the straight line needs only to be top-down. Best to just work it out with your playgroup.

3. See answer to 2.

4. Pushes must always be in a straight line. If they specify away from or towards a model or marker, they must be pushed directly away from or towards (there is no distinction between towards and directly towards). If they don't specify a direction though, whoever controls the action or ability that generated the push gets to pick the direction, but it must still be in a straight line.

Hey! 

thanks for clearing that up for me. I do see both sides with charging although my interpretation leans more towards small walls as severe which you can charge through. as climbable terrain is more 'ladders'.