A Question of Avatars and Emissaries

Quick question, I know we're allowed to use the old avatars as the factions emissaries but what about for masters who did not have an avatar? Specifically Lucius, I love what the emissary does for him but I do not like the model at all. Would anything be a legal substitute? I have the old metal box so I could whip something up out of his old models. Thanks in advance.

Speak to your group if they will only allow Wyrd miniatures. My guess is they will say go for whatever as long as it's characterful. The only time it'll be a sticking point is tournaments, and that just depends on the TO, which I find generally go with the same idea. If it's characterful and looks cool and there's no confusion as to what it is, it's generally permitted.

I've had the same conundrum with Collidi. I've been interested in him for a while but the Emmisary just does not fit. I'm planning on using this. It's 54mm, so it's quite large, and once on a 50mm base with something to give it a bit of extra height should be fine.

the-puppeteer.jpg

• Like 3

The requirement isn't you're using the master's avatar, just that you're using one of the avatars for the declared faction.  And the paragraph in Gaining Grounds gives an explicit example of a player fielding Kirai and Seamus's Avatar:

Any Avatar may be used as a proxy for one Emissary of Fate. The Avatar must be the same Faction as the Emissary of Fate to be a legal proxy, regardless of which model is leading the Crew. For example, Kirai may proxy Avatar Seamus as the Carrion Emissary, but a Guild Crew could not use Avatar Seamus as a proxy. Sim 29 counts as an Avatar for proxy purposes.

But I'm not sure whether the original poster is complaining about the Swamp Thing (Mysterious Emissary) or The Coolest Guy Ever (Brutal Emissary).  ;)

On the other hand, so few things are on 50mm bases that you could likely do an "unofficial avatar Lucius" or an "unofficial avatar Collodi" as some big scenic thing on a 50mm base without causing confusion..

• Like 1