Questions on Fated Height

explorator

Under Quarantine has an option to make a height 1 Fated, but I was wondering if a player could just choose to be Height 1? Maybe to play a person with Dwarfism, or a child, juvenile etc. without using the method from Under Quarantine.

Into the Steam added an option be make a height 3 Fated, and there is also the Talent in the Fated Almanac.  Should a Height 3 Fated be on a 40mm base? Most models that might pass for height 3 constructs look foolish on 30mm, and thats if you can get all it's feet on the base. To me, it seems like a model should be able to go on a 40mm base if it fits better, but there might be some advantages, like larger Pulses if they originate from the caster perhaps.

I know these might seem like personal choices for a Fatemaster, but I just wondered if anyone had an opinion.

Changing your Ht characteristic impacts a lot but the main thing is Line of sight. Remember though the Ht ranges are all abstracts so if someone wants to play someone who is 5 foot tall they can they just do not gain any mechanical advantage or disadvantage from it. Same if someone wants to be 6'5".

As all things though it's your game and you change what you want.

I wouldn't mind letting players choose their Ht. It's not like there is any universal advantages to be gained that way. The character would have to be really short or tall to qualify though. Anything between 4'8" and 7' could totally be classified as Ht 2.