Critical Twits Podcast 39 - Flicking Games. Any skill game fans out there?

Hi all! Brian from the Critical Twits here. First of all, a big thank you to everyone who listened to our last Monthly Malifaux podcast, it's been our most-listened to one yet and we're really chuffed that the forum has been showing us such great support.

Anyway, now that the crying is out the way, our latest episode is all about flicking games, specifically Ice Cool, Cube Quest, and Terror In Meeple City. I'm really interested in finding out if anyone out there plays these kinds of dexterity games as well as their Malifaux fix, and if there are any similar games that they recommend. I know there was an attempt to marry wargaming and skill gaming with Warhammer Diskwars a while back, but it seemed to be universally disliked. I'm also interested in Flick Em Up and Catacombs, but both come with a hefty price tag so if anyone's played those and has a verdict then I'm all ears!

Ah cool, didn't realise there was more history, the first I heard of it was the Warhammer version. It looked really interesting, kind of light and quirky and a bit of a laugh, but I only heard negative things, sadly. I may give it a go if I see it cheap somewhere, though, so thanks!

And ah, you mentioned Doomtown, I really want to have a go at Doomtown: Reloaded but none of the rest of my group were as excited as me (even though they generally play more card games than I do). I may just buy it and force them to play it with me for the podcast...