Hidden Agenda and Obey

Hollow

Question

4 answers to this question

40 minutes ago, hollow1351 said:

Got it regarding enemy models, but not mine ) For example, my Brewmaster has Hidden Agenda upgrade attached. He uses Obey on enemy model and attacks another enemy. Would my Oirans benefit from this attack?

Ah, I understand your question now. The answer here is no. Hidden Agenda specifies "after this model deals damage to an enemy with an attack action". Although the Obey caused the attack action and is still ongoing while the attack occurs, the obeyed model is responsible for the attack and would need to be the one with the Hidden Agenda upgrade attached.

The generated action happens during Obey but is also a separate action that follows all rules for declaring an action, so yes, you could use Assassin's Strike, provided that you met all the other conditions (once per turn, deal damage to an enemy, the action that dealt damage has to be an attack action)

Note that if you target an enemy model with the Obey and want to use their Assassin's Strike, it would need to damage one of your own models and would give fast and focused to the enemy Oiran. (I actually forgot that Brewmaster exists and so my answer was going to be "yes, but why would you?")

39 minutes ago, hollow1351 said:

Got it regarding enemy models, but not mine ) For example, my Brewmaster has Hidden Agenda upgrade attached. He uses Obey on enemy model and attacks another enemy. Would my Oirans benefit from this attack?

Obey doesn't change friendly/enemy.  From the rulebook:

When a model's Actions are controlled by the opponent (for instance with the Obey Action) the model does not change which models are considered friendly, its friends are still its friends.

That's from a callout box labeled Friendly and Enemy, page 31 of the Core Rulebook.

if a Gremlin (like Brewmaster) makes an Oiran attack another model on the same crew, they're still friends. 

Edit:  That scheme Frame for Murder which starts:

The scheming player notes one of her own non-Peon models as the "sucker." If the chosen "sucker" model is killed or sacrificed by an enemy model, ...

You can totally accomplish that using Obey when the other crew has a model near your "sucker" model.