Rooster Riders - help me not get underwhelemd

Kobayashi

I'm still confused by how people don't think they are amazing. I'm thinking I need a second box of them. Sure they go squish a lot but they do a lot before they do. Just imagine running six of these with Mah handing out +1mi. You could kill most of the opponents crew turn one.

• Like 1

It's not that I don't see their value, as much as it is that I have  so many gremlin models already that I don't need to crank out more money and space.  Plus it's not really my play style, I prefer to keep stuff around longer.  I've actually had pretty good luck with the gators, recently.

15 hours ago, orkdork said:

My issue with roosters is that after my three get me 3 VP and deny my opponent ~2, they die :( 18 SS for a 5-VP swing is barely on track for a double-digit margin of victory.

This is absolutely worth.

You can - sometimes - get 6 VP from a single activation of the 3 chickens.

I don't think any other model in the game can give you such VP advantage.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Four_N_Six said:

It's not that I don't see their value, as much as it is that I have  so many gremlin models already that I don't need to crank out more money and space.  Plus it's not really my play style, I prefer to keep stuff around longer.  I've actually had pretty good luck with the gators, recently.

I'm thinking I need a third box. Last two games I've had one single-handedly hand out LITS and hold the crucial marker, in the other I had one 21" charge an unscathed Santiago to peck him into completely (to death) scathed and bounce off free kill to death an Austringer. Literally never been happier.

I've not had much luck keeping gators around (although in the prior matchup said gator swallowed poor fated Santiago whole but that was a first for me), yet the roosters have been consistently versatile, deadly, hilarious and terrifying to my opponents.

So far I've only run two, I know when I get to the four or five mark there's guaranteed scope for self-destruction in 'When Chickens Turn Bad' style and I, for one, am excited.

• Like 1