Is it safe to start Malifaux

On 8/15/2016 at 1:13 PM, Gabbi said:

I second this. While at close inspection it is obviously inferior to resin and plastic terrain, once on the table it looks great.

All the terrain in the following pic, except the trees, the gallows in the upper-right corner, and the big tree-tower in the low-left corner, is paper terrain. A few element came printed and cut, the majority is home printed from PDFs.

img_8424.jpg

More pics: https://gabbigames.wordpress.com/2015/12/27/malifaux-neverborn-vs-outcasts-50ss/

Also, if you're on tight money, you can buy one PDF and print it multiple times. Some of them offer also variations in textures and detail via layers (for example Dave Graffam ones) so you can print several without having two looking exactly the same. There also some free ones, try looking on WargameVault for start.

That set looks really good. I have started collecting some of the free paper stuff that I can find and will most likely buy some as well. I need to find an inexpensive mat as well. Maybe some printed tiles on foamcore? Thanks for the advice and the links! 

• Like 1

If I understand correctly you have not picked any boxes yet. In this case, why not browse through the crew boxes and the starter set with your kid(s)? For sure you can find together many things that are awesome, then just pick for your little Malifaux acolyte the box that caused the greatest reaction (WOW, DAD! CREEPY CHTHULHU MUTANTS AND JACOB LYNCH ARE SO AWESOME!). Then proceed with picking yours.
Oh, budget, why have you forsaken all of us...

• Like 1

On 8/17/2016 at 11:40 AM, Eclipse said:

If I understand correctly you have picked any boxes yet. In this case, why not browse through the crew boxes and the starter set with your kid(s)? For sure you can find together many things that are awesome, then just pick for your little Malifaux acolyte the box that caused the greatest reaction (WOW, DAD! CREEPY CHTHULHU MUTANTS AND JACOB LYNCH ARE SO AWESOME!). Then proceed with picking yours.
Oh, budget, why have you forsaken all of us...

You do understand correctly. And I plan on doing exactly what you suggest. I just have to find a time that both of my kids can sit down with me and look through all the factions and box sets. It is a lot to look through. I'm hoping for this weekend but we will see. I still have a little time. 

• Like 1