Returning after a long hiatus

Unless all your metals are Wave 1 Guild (the girls) you are probably going to want a generalist upgrade deck for buying all the upgrades from all the factions. There's a print on demand service now at wargamevault for individual model cards only, as the arsenal decks are going out of print, but sometimes you can still find arsenal decks. If you have an avatar model stick it on a 50mm base and photocopy out of the third book Shifting Loyalties and you have an Emissary for the faction of that master. I don't know what kinds of markers first edition used but we're using 30mm scheme markers (get 10+), corpse markers (if you use them 6 should do), scrap markers (even fewer than corpse), 50mm blast and other-random-terrain-spells markers (two blasts to pick up and re-use, two terrain to semi-permanently place, for four total). Also you need to download Gaining Grounds 2016 from the Wyrd site with all the new strategies and schemes which may pop up in tournament play, and they are fun refinements on the book's schemes as well even if you don't play tournament style.

• Like 1

There are a few general guild upgrades in the wave 2 arsenal deck that are also in the general upgrade deck, but I think it's just expert sleuth and  Dampening field you would be missing.

I'd say its not worth buying the whole pack for just those cards. 

• Like 2