Making a Collodi Themed Campaign

WolfDayDream

Well I don't own (couldn't afford it at Origins) Fatemaster's Almanac but I bought Rottenburg and Fated Almanac. Can I still effectively run an entire campaign?

Also tips to stat a marionette? After (god willing) I finish Rottenburg I wanna do a dark mystery with Collodi as the main antagonist as the Fated explore a cult of puppeteers and marionettes. (While Collodi strikes me as an exclusive kinda guy and not one to have human minions he could possibly have a cult of nutsos.) So how would I deal with an actual Master being an an antagonist?

With the Fated Almanac you can already run a game as Fatemaster thanks to Penny Dreadfuls, One-Shots and so, so If you have Rottenburg you won´t need anything more. On the other hand, Fatemaster Almanac is a nice tool to have if you want to run a campaign, because it adds a lot of fluff and ideas and a great bestiary. Even more, in his pages you will see the Marionettes and Wicked Dolls stats.

I think that a Master as the main antagonist of an adventure is nice. The Fated doesn´t need to fight against it until the end of the adventure although you can put some combats with him in the middle. A copycat group of puppeters...who enjoy on the depraved acts of kidnapping kids and turning them into his master...to obtain new puppets! I head about a few kids dissapering in the Northern Hills, and the Slums of Malifaux is a nice place to look for problems....and who cares about the people on the Slums? The Guild deffinetly no.

• Like 1