Retainer

mthomas0738

So ive been having people flip for the ordered characters they control. is this not whats supposed to happen i assumed it was based off the ruling for things like mindcontrol. but the retainier ability of progressing through ranks made me question that. so what exactly happens when you give a creature the order action as far as if it flips or just uses its rank. Also is it possible to give a pet an out of combat order to just do something like stand guard or follow me because having to give a 1 ap every turn even out of combat seems a bit clunky. Also does zombie keep its rank from before it became a zombie or does it lower?

If you give a subordinate character commands with the (1) Order Action, then it gets to flip cards on the resulting turn. It can't Cheat Fate unless you have the Clear Orders talent from the Fated Almanac.

If the subordinate character is involved in things outside its turn (such as when it is attacked), it uses its normal Rank Value to determine the value of its 'flipped card.'

During Narrative Time, there's really no reason to worry too much about the (1) Order Action. Technically, the character is using the (1) Order whenever she tells the subordinate character to do something, but since characters aren't tracking Action Points or turns in Narrative Time, it shouldn't be much of a concern.