Marcus "Defend me"

Mogato

Question

I was wondering, the Defend me text states, a beast within 3" suffers the effect of the "Attack" instead, I would like to know what exactly constitutes an attack?
MI and shooting? Casts? Anything that deals damage? Pushes and pulls?

Thanks for reviewing my question.

3 answers to this question

Any Attack Action, that is any action that is listed under the Attack Action heading on a model's stat card.

Since it's a Df trigger, it can only be used when Marcus is targeted by an attack and he defends against it with his Df stat.

So for example, if Pere Ravage uses his Burn Stick on Marcus, that's an attack action and if Marcus flips a tome, he can pass the effect off to a nearby beast. Even if the attack deals no damage, but does some other effect, he can pass it off.

However, if Pere Ravage uses his Oopsie! action, that's a tactical action, so despite the fact Marcus needs to take Df duel or suffer damage, a tome will not allow him to pass off damage because it is not from an attack.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dogmantra said:

Any Attack Action, that is any action that is listed under the Attack Action heading on a model's stat card.

An Attack Action is defined as an Action that requires an opposed duel (p 38). The organization on the cards is just a reminder.

• Like 1