Challenging Myself with Colette

Mxbedlam

Scheme selection is so huge.  I've had to take a lot of lumps before I learned to stop and think about how the game is going to play out before picking schemes. 

Standing around refusing to kill models because I need them for distract or such was awful.  Now, if my strategy is kill related I'll avoid taking things that require me to leave someone alive.  

And if they're feasible, I'll go for schemes that can score big points up front. You'll find that your games get to turn five a lot more reliably when you are up four to six points by turn two. If they don't, you've already got your points and it only hurts your opponent.

• Like 1

I've been running a very similar crew the last 4 games (2-1-1). Mine has looked a bit more like this most of the time:

Colette (CC, AR, SG)

Cassandra (PP)

Myranda (IE)

Howard (IE)

Performer

December 

I really like the Acolyte (although I positioned him poorly last game) over a Mannequin. The auto slow and discard is crazy. Not a lot left for cache, but normally not a problem. I think it's a good idea to stick with a reasonably static group because you learn their capabilities so much better. 

• Like 1

On 2016-04-26 at 1:11 PM, Sybarite said:

In some ways colette could make you a worse player because prompt and rehearsed lets you handle so many situations so much easier. But maybe I am a bit too pessimistic now. Just that it is such a damn comfortable action (prompt) 

So your were actually making yourself a worse player when you stomped everyone with Colette. Nice to here ;)

On 2016-04-29 at 7:27 AM, Patzer said:

So your were actually making yourself a worse player when you stomped everyone with Colette. Nice to here ;)

Well it was perhaps a bit extreme of me to suggest that it'd make someone a worse player, but Prompt can create too comfortable a ...comfort zone. It's just too damn convenient a lot of the time.

21 hours ago, Sybarite said:

Well it was perhaps a bit extreme of me to suggest that it'd make someone a worse player, but Prompt can create too comfortable a ...comfort zone. It's just too damn convenient a lot of the time.

Sorry, I was just giving you a hard time ;) Prompt is an amazing action, hands down. I also think that Colette (is one of those masters who) can provide with an easy-mode for Malifaux.

• Like 1