Kaeris - first time out 50ss

Corey3977

Howdy folks,

This Sunday I have a game lined up with my mate. We are both taking new masters for the first time. I will be trotting out my Kaeris crew and he will roll out Collodi.

I have Kaersi' and Ironsides' box sets, Willie, Gunsmiths, December Acolytes, Johan to choose from model wise.

Any recommendations? Also,I am trying to read up about Collodi as much as possible, but would love to hear about others first hand experiences against him.

kaeris is great. would have blinding flame and grab and drop upgrades on her. 

then firestarter, both gunsmiths, 2 fire gamin, willie and maybe the captain from the ironsides box. (basically what i run but substituting the captain for joss).

can always replace willie or a gunsmith with joss

That's the tough thing you run into. You have to adapt to schemes and strats when list building. Lets say the strat is Stake a Claim on a corner deployment and the schemes are all interact heavy. That changes who you want to bring to win. Same for interference. its a strategy you have to build for. If hunting party is in the pool you have to be careful how many minions you bring. If you only run a few and your opponent kills them all quickly, you hand points out. If you don't have enough henchmen/enforcers you can't capitalize on it. I will say that going up against Collodi conditions can be a bane unless he summons the Arcane Effigy. So throwing burning on him could work. He's also a force multipler. He makes minions better. If you kill them quickly you can hurt his ability to do things. He also likes to be in a bubble, so you can use her ability to throw fire on everyone to your advantage.

I really should start building to schemes but the crew I listed above I took to a tourney as a fixed crew and did fine, even would have won if not for a reflip init coming up RJ to give the viks the game. so its a crew that can work in anything.

as for arcane effigy, apart from condition removal it doesnt really do much for kaeris as she hands out more burning anyway and rarely goes for the damage (but when she does I guess it could work)

• 1 month later...