Newbie jack daw advice?

shahryar

So i plan to play jd for the first time this week and was hoping for some advice.

I have his crew box minus 2 guilty

A malifaux child, 3 crooked men, 2 hanged, Sue, the crossroads 7, and levi's box.

Not necessarily list building advice more synergy and strategy advice on how best to use my assests.

Nice start to crew your master. My opinion on the 7, use 2-3 of them after finding out your opponents crew and your own strategy and schemes.

I'm personally not a Montressor fan, Lady Ligiea(correct?) and the Child are both great but FRAGILE.

Sue is pretty good for deck manipulation early on, but with no direct healing, take Greed with him to stone for a healing flip, which she can get back anyway.

Lust with the Crooked and/or Hanged, to help get multiple models in AoE. Gluttony I think can pull to a marker. Sloth's aura will also come in handy. 

Take Jack Daw, all his 0ss upgrades, upgrade to copy tormented model action, and that with 3 inches pushes - 4ss (if remember correctly)
Take Wrath - 8ss
one guilty - 5 ss
Sue - 8ss
one hanged - 9ss

I know, ss cache is low.

your 1st turn:

Make Sue tormented, move everything to scheme / enemy crew. Shoot something if can

Nice tricks:
- make enemy model tormented with upgrade that deals damage when it attacks, then "obey" enemy tormented model to attack hanged, fail horror test
- with his 0 AP "obey" you can easily collect heads, give conditions (i don't remember scheme name)
- you can aslo push enemy tormented models, and you can make them tormented with your 0 ss upgrades, use that to block charge lanes, LOS etc.

14 hours ago, Fog said:

I think wrath is the last of the seven I'd reach for with Jack. 

I think it depends on local meta and personal preferences :) I like wrath as beatstick, but I am aware that people may use Jack Daw even more as control master

I just feel like he doesn't fill the beater role as well as other options. I think I'd rather pay the extra points for Bishop or a strongarm almost every time. They don't get the tormented push but that's something you can fix.

I suppose something resembling a mind befuddled battle report is in order.

So it was against my friend who was using marcus for the first time.

I was using JD, a guilt, greed, malifaux child, greed, sue, montressor, and a hanged.

He had Marcus, cerberus, blessed of december, jackalope, 2 silurids, and whataver that girl skinwalkers name is lol.

it was standard deployment, turf war, I chose murder protege(a mistake), and protect territory.

I won by probably 1 point.

Let me see what I can remember, damn marcus lists are fast, damn guilty die fast, malifaux child would be great save for his ca stats. 

I probably deployed my hanged wrong having him try and deal with a silurid most of the game instead of the blessed and cerberus that were going straight up the middle. First turn was basically make sue tormented, and rush the guilty forward. by the second turn it was eaten by the blessed of december.

Montresor's throw is funny I basically fired into melee thinking, jd, cerberus, or sue either I save one of them or both of them XD and if JD isnt saved( he wasnt) I used his various movement shenanigans to free him. ghost of malifaux let me play hyper aggressive, At one point after saving sue I then had him head toward the turf marker and used jd's ghost of malifaux plus the move all tormented abiliy(driven by injustice?) to move JD Sue and the blessed(who was cursed up and down) towards marcus who was on the turf marker. 

my friend hates crossroad auras and JD curses.

the wiki is right oldest magics is not something you can rely on to stay alive) though he barely survived.

I dont think I really had anything to deal with the silurids, in hindsight I should have left greed to deal with them he got max plant evidence.

I kept forgetting that I could have forced his mobs to take terror tests against the hanged that might have helped(though blessed or cerberus were the first moves each turn so it might not have helped that much) 

I may try and remember more later but all and all I love JD I need a lot more practice as he is complicated as all hell.

No I jsut need to decide what to order next after I get the drowned, thinking convict gunslingers, aionius, bishop, or hans, I probably should get ama no zako at some point but not sure who else I would use her with(only playing gremlins and outcasts)