Seven Strangers- continuing the "magical music" idea

Ogre_man

The current game have an interesting gameplay and visual concept- music that doubles as magic. The Seven, Sue- they are awesome and unique with great gameplay options.

So why not continue this idea?

With following I propose "good" counterpart to seven sinners of metal, seven good ole' redeemers of souls. Here is my proposal with quick descriptions- comments welcome!

The Guild- The King

Elvis, as he is. Has a torn worn Army coat, rifle and guitar. Can bury himself.

The Arcanists- The Breaker

Let my people go! Louis Armstrong. Trumpet that doubles as some kind of cannon/machinegun sax, pieces of broken slave paraphernalia.

Ressers- The Traveller

Duct- taped glasses, torn and mended formal suit, sword strapped to old guitar. When he dies, chances are that somebody near will walk the same path. Buddy Holly, as seen in "The six-String Samurai"

Neverborn- Burning Man

Golem/construct, tribute to the counter-culture of music festivals.

Outcasts- Man In Black

Sue alternative sculpt with Avatarisation- like Leader upgrade.

Gremlins- The Peacebringer

Bob Marley- style Gremlin, has some percussion- based instrument and huge peace pipe.

Ten Thunders- The Visionary

Janice Joplyn, visuals playing around psychodelic part of her music. Maybe even levitating in lotus position.

What do you think? Whom would you like to see if this become reality?

(sorry for possible mistakes, not a native English speaker)

I'm not sure that the Malifaux setting can handle another band, part of what makes the concept the Crossroads 7 work in the setting is that they are unique.

While mirroring/mimicking things is a strong theme with the Neverborn (Vik of Blood is technically a neverborn) I dont see a "good" counterpart to the Crossroads 7 working, as one of them is part of the Neverborn faction. Another issue is that fact that there are close to no good characters in Malifaux, it just wouldnt fit thematically :)

All of the above aside, I wouldnt mind seeing more characters using magic fueled music (or music fueled magic?) like Sue. Guild Lawyers manipulate reality by force of belief in the law and most people find music a lot more inspiring than the law, so I think the concept of magic and music tied together is very Malifauxian.

• Like 1

The counterpart to the crossroads would need to use the 7 virtues. That could be interesting, but I think it would be a bit difficult to make them interesting as a band. 

Chastity for Lust
Temperance for Gluttony
Charity for Greed
Diligence for Sloth
Patience for Wrath
Kindness for Envy
Humility for Pride

I think you may be hard pressed to fit those into the feeling of Malifaux. 

• Like 1

If you want to really twist some of these themes together you could continue the 4 horsemen idea (first four seals of the Apocalypse) and jump to the 7th seal, Seven Angels with Trumpets.

"And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth"

I could see that fitting into Malifaux.