Blighted condition

Pisa

Question

Hi all,

yesterday night i had a game with a friend, and i decided to pick hamelin for try it the first time.

About the mechanics of blighted, we were a bit confused... let me explain:

a malifaux rat has the possibility to put on models blighted +1/+2/+3.

if 3 rats attack the same model:

the first rat miss and succede with blighted +1

the second rat succede 2 times with blighted +1

the third succede with blighted +3 only one time and miss the other.

wich count of blighted did the model attacked has at the end of the turn?? +6 (+3+1+1+1=+6)or simply the better of the blighteds and so +3??

another question, if after these 3 rats, hamelin try to manage some damages on the enemy model, it has no value of blighted because it increase at the end of the turn right?

so this turn blighted 0 with +x at the end of the turn and then next turn is blighted increase?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english ^^

6 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, Pisa said:

The problem is that blighted condition say:

blighted +1: at the end of the turn, increase the value of the blighted condition of this model by 1. same as +2 and +3. this is confusing me.

Blighted  is the name of the condition. +1 tells you 2 things, Firstly that it is a condition that multiple levels of it stack (that's what it having a + means) and secondly what the current level of it is,  1 in this case

everything after the : tells you what the condition does. so in the case of Blighted, it will increase the value of the blighted condition each turn. 

So if a mode has blighted +6, at the end of turn when you resolve conditions, you turn it to Blighted +7 (You have increased the value of the blighted condition by 1)

To quote the rules, and the example, for how a parameter in a condition is specified:

When two or more Conditions stack, their added values also increase the values of some variables. The variables that are increased are noted with a "+" or "-" designator in the description. All Fate Modifiers also stack. For instance, this ability:

Armor +1: Reduce all damage suffered by this model by +1, to a minimum of 1.

This model reduces all damage it suffers by 1 to a minimum of 1. If it received another instance of Armor +1, it would stack to Armor +2 and reduce all damage it suffers by 2, to a minimum of 1. Note that the "minimum of 1" never changes, as there is no "+" or "-".

The Blighted condition is specified as:

"Blighted +1: At the end of the Turn, increase this Condition's value by 1."

There's no variable specified in Blighted, so when you resolve Blighted on a model with Blighted +6, it just increases to Blighted +7, and then you're done.  Whatever +X value of Blighted there is on a model from however many times you've stacked it together, when you're done it's just going to be X+1 when you're done that turn.

Blighted +3 does not increase the Blighted by +3, it increases it by 1.  And when you have Blighted +1 on the model, and then add Blighted +1 again, you're left with just one instance of Blighted +2.

In your example it would be Blighted +6, as conditions with a +x will add together. And this will be there as the models finish their attacks

If it was then targettted by Hamlin, it has Blighted +6. At the end of the turn, when you resolve the conditions it will have Blighted +7. It gains the Blighted condition at the time of the attack. The condition itself, only does 1 thing, and that is increase the number of the condition by 1 at the end of the turn. 

so let me try to see if i'm right now:

in the example, i put on a model 3 times the condition +1 and one time the condition +3. it brings the model on level of blighted 6 currently (so if hamelin activates after the rats and deals damage equal to the blighted condition it deals 6 damages) and 9 at the end of the turno (blighted +3 say at the end of the turn increase the blighted +3). it is right?