General Condition question

Jokerboy

Question

Hi,

I have a short question about applying the same condition twice.

The rule book (small book p.61) says:" Conditions presented without a value in their name do not stack, and a model that would get a second instance of a condition simply ignores it (the second instance is not applied).

But does this mean, that the model receives the Condition and simple ignores the effect of the second instance?

For example: I always played Hoffman's O.S.A the way that I gave a already slowed model he Slow condition to get Fast an him. So the other model has to get Slow. I'm pretty sure that this is correct.

Yesterday a friend asked me, if it's the same with Sloth's heal action. It says that the target needs to receive Slow to get healed. Is it possible to use this action on a already slowed model? The wording is a bit confusing for me, but English is not my mother tongue.

Hope you can help me.   

3 answers to this question

The way they have worded Sloth is so that models that are already Slow, don't get to heal, because they haven't received slow. 

Hoffman (and most other things) can try and give slow to an already slow, or immune to slow model. Them gaining the benefit is not reliant on the other model gaining the condition, but only them trying to give it out.