Some clarifications about the brewmaster

warbanjo

Question

Hello, I'm about to purchase a new crew and before playing I'd like to get a complete understanding of the rules... Thanks

Brewmaster:

Another Round: Any model within 3 of this model may take the following Tactical Action: "(1) On the House: This model heals 1/2/3 damage and gains the Poison +1 Condition."

- Any model means that even enemy models can use this (1) action to heal despite getting the poison?

(0) Drinking Contest: Until the end of the Turn, enemy models within :aura3 of this model which declare an Action must succeed on a TN 12 Wp duel or take the (1) On the House Action instead.

-If they don't succeed the duel I don't understand who takes the on the house action, the brewmaster or the enemy model? do they have to test for every action that they declare?

Df (:tome:mask) You're drunk, go home: After an Attack Action fails against this model, the Attacker's controller places the Attacking model anywhere in its deployment zone.

- to activate this trigger I have to declare a soulstone use to add a suit, so the question is: do I have to choose the suit before flipping the card? Otherwise can I choose the suit after flipping, so if it is a success and I have one of the 2 suits I can choose the other one?

(1) Obey (Ca 7 / TN: 14M / Rst: Wp / Rg 12): Target non-Leader model immediately performs a (1) Action chosen and controlled by this model’s controller. A model which performed an Attack due to Obey may not be targeted by Obey again during the same Activation.

-Can the brewmaster puppet a friendly model? Can he puppet an enemy model to hit itself?

4 answers to this question

1.  Yes.. even enemy models.

2. The enemy must succeed the WP duel or take the (1) On the House action.    If it was the brewmaster is would say This model takes ......

3. When you declare a soulstone to add a suit, you also declare the suit you are adding.

4. a. Yes. you can Obey a friendly model.  It does not state enemy only.

4. b  No, a model can not attack itself.

• Like 1

Thanks, So I'd say that the best tactic to trigger You're drunk, go home is to wait to have a high card with a printed book or mask to cheat fate with, so when someone is attacking you declare the use of a soustone to add the suit you need, pick the card to make the duel and then cheat fate with that card.

My other Doubt is how you can manage to make some damage if the opponent takes out your moon shinobis... the brewmaster itself doesn't have any damage dealing attacks, in addition to that the opponent can also heal their models, should I consider to take "the good stuff" upgrade in all my matchs?