New Collect the Bounty with Barbaros/Young Neph's "For the Brood"

Lucas the Beard

Question

Collect the Bounty:

Whenever a model is reduced to 0 Wounds by a non-Peon model, the Crew which reduced it to 0 Wounds gains a number of Bounty Points depending on the type of model which was reduced to 0 Wounds, so long as the Crew considered the model an enemy.

For the Brood (trigger on Barbaros and Young Nephilim attack):

After killing the target, the target heals 1 damage and is not killed. Push the target up to 8" in any direction and it gains the Paralyzed Condition.

This effect is kind of like Bad Juju / Leveticus and all the other models that don't actually die when killed (which the new Collect is explicitly intended to hit), except that it's applied to an enemy model.

So can Barbaros keep whacking somebody to pile up points?  And then leave it Paralyzed to do it again next turn?

3 answers to this question

To be honest, I don't see why Barbaros or any of the Young Nephilim would wait until next turn to continue scoring bounty points.  :huh:  I don't think there's any language in Collect the Bounty preventing bounty points being collected on the same model repeatedly during a turn.

Naturally, there's always "Put your own model out of its misery" if it needs doing.

Well, you can only collect one VP per turn, and your bounty points reset each turn.  So whack it a couple times to load up on bounty points, get your VP, then repeat next turn for another VP.

Good point that it would probably be pretty easy for your opponent to put the model down themselves.  Although careful use of Barbaros's pushes and Nimble may make it hard to draw LoS around his 40mm base, and there's always Challenge.

If you're playing against Neverborn, what you're doing to get points is already going to be "Kill the Neverborn", and that looks like it's coincidentally the solution to kill Barbaros or a Mature Nephylim trying to farm bounty points.  :)  So, it looks like it would be an attractive thing for the Neverborn to try, but each action point used for that is an action point not killing an enemy model that's trying to kill them, so maybe it's a good idea or maybe it's a bad idea.

But I'm experiencing some philosophical doubt concerning the states of death that that trigger causes a model to go through.  If Barbaros has the Rapid Growth upgrade, and he declares that trigger, and then kills a model with Explosive demise (or some other "When this model is killed..." ability), I don't think I know what's supposed to be resolved.

• Like 1