Frustrations with Tara and the Nothing Beast

BlitzMonkey

I played Tara for the first time yesterday and went 3-0 against Mei Fang, Shenlong and Jacob Lynch. I'm really digging her and can't really see what all the hate is about on some of these threads. I played her twice as Outcast Tara and once as Ressur Tara, both of which seemed to work really well.

Nothing beast worked fine (and I didn't even realize he had a zero cost upgrade that cancelled damage). I agree alot of perhaps better models compete for his spot but he can certainly hold his own, especially when fast and used towards the end of the turn when he is most resilient. Plus positive initiative flips pretty much guarantees you'll get two solid turns of hitting out of him, which is all you can ask for from most beatstick models.

Not mentioned yet (prolly cuz this is an Outcast forum :) ) is just how sick Bette Noire can be with Tara.

She has quickly become one of my favorite leaders.

19 hours ago, Khyodee said:

So your playing something like this Cadavr?

(...)

I have such are hard time putting Hannah in the list as she is already quite expensive, but I suppose I should give her a trial run for once and see how she does.

Not really- I find two guys in the 8-12 bracket optimal, so I'd have dumped taelor in that list and would be focusing on offensive burying and not running it in a particularly fighty scenario. I'd probably have johan as just the cheapest serious damage to threaten people with dropping on them, and if I'm feeling light on guys (or, really, most of the time), I'll take Karina for summoning.

The short version of what I do with Hannah is she's spectacular at cloning the DM box since offensively she has that high WP for keeping them in and both offensively and in support it's her 0 action so she can do it without losing distance covered (and slightly favor friekorps or spell casters over others to give her more options). And her melee attack takes a lot of investment, but if you can focus (x1-3) against the right target, she's suddenly a gross crowd controller: I usually have the cards for it about once a game, but you can only really surprise an opponent with it about once a game too before they scatter or try to kill her off, but then you're dealing 8/2x4 blast that once, which can wreck a whole flank.

For the long version, I wrote this some time back, really need to update it with some of the most recent releases, but I want a few games with a model before I can say anything with confidence.

Yes ;)

...Depends on the space. If I have the room, there's a good chance I'll take a second, since they're reasonably strong/tough/maneuverable without bury tricks even, so I often just use them as nice line troops. I almost never take 0 or more than 2. I've actually been tempted to see what happens if I spam 5 or so with her, since they're generalists with bury.