Corrupted Hounds

Mxbedlam

So both Collodi and Lucius are good at getting out of activation AP from their minions and Corrupted Hounds love being used outside of their activations, so who uses them better? I'm leaning toward Lucius, especially since he can bring Guild Hounds as well 2/2 mix seems very good to run a "pack" but Collodi would give our puppies a double positive on out of activation attacks. Thoughts?

Oddly enough one of the masters that has been using them well for me is the Dreamer.  He can push them 6" and they get that melee attack at the end with those positives.  Add into the fact they are some cheap options to pad his activations and it is rather nice.  The fact that it is all Flips means it gives a positive to damage as well making that Moderate 3 more likely.

Between Lucius and Collodi I would say Collodi likes them more as Lucius has accessed to Guild Hounds, which I value that 1 AP charge a little more.  With Collodi the Hounds provide a bit of speed, namely if you go the route with no Marionette and the Primordial Magic and Effigy instead.

I do not think Marcus gets as much from Corrupted Hounds as he does from Guild Hounds.  The Fact that the only real out of activation attack he is getting with them is Myranda's and hers is often better used on bigger beasts.

I do not think Marcus gets as much from Corrupted Hounds as he does from Guild Hounds.  The Fact that the only real out of activation attack he is getting with them is Myranda's and hers is often better used on bigger beasts.

Pack Leader. Depending on number of Hounds, and proper placement of the WP duels, could potentially be a bunch of attacks.

Pack Leader. Depending on number of Hounds, and proper placement of the WP duels, could potentially be a bunch of attacks.

Very true, that is a valid point.  That said I think I will still favor the Guild Hound/Canine Remain Combo more.  Pack Leader already brings a big target on the model carrying it and my hounds tend to flock together a bit, don't need Black Blood helping the enemy *also companion is very nice on the Guild ones for the combo*.

Very true, that is a valid point.  That said I think I will still favor the Guild Hound/Canine Remain Combo more.  Pack Leader already brings a big target on the model carrying it and my hounds tend to flock together a bit, don't need Black Blood helping the enemy *also companion is very nice on the Guild ones for the combo*.

I usually have the BoD carry it and she's really hard to catch. But I agree on the rest of it....that 'flock together' thing is my biggest concern with the Black Blood.

Ran a list last night with Collodi, corrupted hounds, black blood shaman,Brutal Effigy, Mr Graves, Stitched together and Mr Tannen. Was vs a Marcus crew with Squatter's Rights as the strategy. Played Collodi very aggressively, pushing a ball of hounds and Collodi right into the main part of my opponent's forces. Collodi handed out Defensive to the Hounds a lot, My Willed the Hounds to do some decent damage and the brutal managed to keep the hounds in the game for 3 rounds. Definitely an alpha strike style approach to Collodi with very little resilience but was a lot of fun.

I think looking to get [+] flips on corrupted hounds when used out of activation is a complete trap. You are usually trading master ap down to a 3ss minion with a plus flip. The only model I find myself really wanting when I take hounds is the black blood shaman. Generally all a corrupted hound needs to work well is another corrupted hound or two.