M2E story encounters

Jason13

I just got the Brotherhood of the rat box set from the black Friday sale, and OMG it is awesome!!! I love that WYRD is integrating M2E and TTB  in these story encounters. The mini storybook is great, dripping with theme, the M2E encounters look like a blast, and it's a decent mini TTB adventure to introduce my fated into another subculture of the Malifaux universe. I bought the box set for the hamlin models not realizing just how much extra play-ability is packed in. Wyrd, you should be doing these more often! This set ROCKS!! Now I'm itching to have a looksy at the Crossroads and University Transmortis sets. Any opinions on these sets?

• Like 2

The University got a lot to bad press, but I thought it was pretty good. It includes 2 encounters and 1 solo encounter. It was before the time of TTB, but they did make a Penny Dreadful based on them earlier this year which was pretty good. I really liked the rules as it give us the basic NPC rules, which I think are pretty good. I have used them for many an encounter. I have not had a chance to read the Crossroad 7 booklet yet, but I feel it will be pretty cool also. I am hoping to see more Encounter box sets like this for more factions, but with the count of models released getting smaller, it seem unlikely. Since book 3 only had about 5 new models per faction, it would have been awesome to see them come out in a story encounter set with some extra rules for the campaign.