Starting Rezzers

cobalttheunicorn

Hello Undead (future) brethren!

Having just finished painting my Nekima I now officially own at least one of every Neverborn model ever made fully painted. With such an amazing feat behind me I think it is time to start looking towards a second faction, and no faction holds more interest for me than the Monster Mashers themselves, the Sultan's of Summoning, and the Cazr's of Corpses...The Resurrectionist.  

Now I have been playing Malifaux for over five years now but I have never really ventured beyond the horrors of the Neverborn; Since I have so enjoyed the summoning version of Dreamer and I have always loved zombies, it seems only natural for this to be my next expansion. With the Black Friday sale coming up, and with a lot of cash to burn, I turn to the more experienced Resser players to find out  what I should get in order to start. What masters are good, what are some good models to pick up, etc?

I very much enjoy a defensible slow-roll style of game. I enjoy a long grind that never seems to end as I go about completing schemes and starts while my opponent is left fighting wave after wave of useless things. 

I already have some Reserectionist models, though my collection is very limited. 

I have the Open Graves Box

Two extra punk zombies

Two Nurses (for my Zorida crew)

Two Hanged 

The Carrion effigy 

So, with about 500 dollar budget what do you all recommend I buy to get one foot in the grave. 

Edited by cobalttheunicorn

500$ thats probably close to the entire faction.

Well if you collected all neverborn and plan to start ressers my bet is that you will probably collect them all in due time.
But Here is what i would do if I where you with that budget.
Seamus box 45$
Mcmourning Box 45$
Molly Box 45$

From these boxes you get bells, crooligans, sybell, Flesh construct and some masters and henchmen. All these boxes work quite good together aswell.
Then you add
University 40$ For summons and Valledictorian the quite Nice henchwoman.

You will now need to fill up on some more summon-based stuff (mindless zombis for nico and dogs for Mcmourning
Mindless zombies 35$
Canine remains 18$
Crooked men 21$
Flesh construct 16$
Drowned 20$ i think (new release)

Then you add some nice enforcers
Bete Noire 11$
Izamu The armor 16$
Yin 11$

Thats 339$

For variation of scheme runners Necropunks is nice but since you already have crooligans from the Molly box you dont need to get these right away.

I would probably get Toshiro aswell since he is quite good.

• Like 1

Great suggestions from Khaiden.  I'd actually recommend getting Necropunks as they're great (personally I prefer them to Crooligans but you should try them out and see which ones you prefer as they both have ups and downs).  If you're playing McMourning you probably want a third Flesh Construct as well (if you already have Carver people have suggested using him as a proxy which is a good idea if you want a little variation).  Throw in Toshiro with Yin and Izamu and you have most of the Ancestors too which sets you up for buying Yan Lo's boxset.

However, I would hold off that for a while.  Ressers basically have two different branches.  The classic Undead/Zombie branch with McMourning/Seamus/Nico and the Spirit branch with Kirai and Yan Lo then you have Molly who can go either (but is considered to be better in the Spirit side though I've not played her with that yet).  With what you have and Khaiden's suggestions you've pretty much filled out that classic side and can go into the Spirit side when you want too.  Having said that if you want to throw the full $500 at our lovely faction the Yan Lo's box is worth it if only for Chiaki (he's generally not considered a good Master but you can have good fun) plus Datsu-Ba and Shikome are available for pre-order during the BF sale allowing you to get most of the Spirit options.

500$ thats probably close to the entire faction.

Well if you collected all neverborn and plan to start ressers my bet is that you will probably collect them all in due time.
But Here is what i would do if I where you with that budget.
Seamus box 45$
Mcmourning Box 45$
Molly Box 45$

From these boxes you get bells, crooligans, sybell, Flesh construct and some masters and henchmen. All these boxes work quite good together aswell.
Then you add
University 40$ For summons and Valledictorian the quite Nice henchwoman.

You will now need to fill up on some more summon-based stuff (mindless zombis for nico and dogs for Mcmourning
Mindless zombies 35$
Canine remains 18$
Crooked men 21$
Flesh construct 16$
Drowned 20$ i think (new release)

Then you add some nice enforcers
Bete Noire 11$
Izamu The armor 16$
Yin 11$

Thats 339$

For variation of scheme runners Necropunks is nice but since you already have crooligans from the Molly box you dont need to get these right away.

I would probably get Toshiro aswell since he is quite good.

Thank you so much for your very informative post, I will most certainly look into those.

Is one box of mindless zombies enough or should I grab two?

Thank you so much for your very informative post, I will most certainly look into those.

Is one box of mindless zombies enough or should I grab two?

I'd recommend two personally, five is usually enough but I find myself with seven or eight often enough to make it worth it. Personally I just wish the Mindless Zombies were less expensive.