Question about Attack Flip and Attack Action

Engrimm

Question

When a card says you get a + to your attack flip it means to add a card to the "hitting" part of the attack, same with + damage.  But what about a rule saying you get a + for CA/MI/SH action, does that mean you get it for both the attack flip and damage flip?

10 answers to this question

No.  If you get a :+fate or :-fate to an action it only affects the action.  It does not apply to any flips that action generates.

Ok I'm a bit confused.  Here's a card example : Disrupt Magic: Enemy models within 4" of this model suffer :-fate to Ca actions.

So where exactly is the :-fate applied?

No.  If you get a :+fate or :-fate to an action it only affects the action.  It does not apply to any flips that action generates.

Ok I'm a bit confused.  Here's a card example : Disrupt Magic: Enemy models within 4" of this model suffer :-fate to Ca actions.

So where exactly is the :-fate applied?

whenever an eenemy takes a Ca action within 3"

Yes but to what is it applied? which flip?  if it's an attack CA action for example?

Any Ca action. Either tactical or Attack.

Attack flip or damage flip or both? person above said it doesn't affect flips, but if it doesn't affect flips what does it do?

Yes but to what is it applied? which flip?  if it's an attack CA action for example?

Attack flip or damage flip or both? person above said it doesn't affect flips, but if it doesn't affect flips what does it do?

No, the person above says it only effects the action. And he is right. It effects the first flip. Not any resulting damage flips.

For thoroughness, from the rules for the damage flip (Core Rulebook, page 43):

Damage flips are often the result of a duel. They do not gain any of the modifiers (Fate or otherwise) that were applied directly to the duel that might have caused the damage flip. Effects that modify the damage flip will state that they do so specifically.

Engrimm, I edited my original response above to make it clearer.  Sorry for the vagueness of my original post.

• Like 1