Maryland Masters of Malifaux Regional Tournament @ Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)

rover1013

Maryland Masters of Malifaux Regional
Malifaux 50SS tournament
Saturday, October 17th, 2015  11:00am - 9:00pm

Games and Stuff is defending their title of the Maryland Masters of Malifaux!

* 3 rounds, 50 soulstones, fixed faction
* Gaining Grounds 2015 will be used. The latest document can be found here:
  http://wyrd-games.net/resources
* Registration will open at 11:00am. Round 1 will start at 12:00pm.
  * Rounds will be 2 hours with an additional 15 minutes for setup.
  * There will be a 15 minute break between rounds.
  * There will be a 1 hour meal break between round 2 and round 3.
* Placement prizes will be store gift cards (at minimum going to 1st, 2nd and last place)
* There will be judging for best painted, which will also receive a prize
* There will be a raffle that all participants will be eligible for
* Entry fee is $10.00

Additional Prize support is a currently a moving target, but already includes a number of limited edition models and box sets (including this year's GenCon exclusives) among a host of generously donated prizes (Secret Weapon Tablescapes Malifaux Table, Games and Gears brush sets, etc.)

--Masters of Malifaux Scoring--
Each player will register with a store/location team. The highest 3 scores from each team will be averaged to determine the new Maryland Masters of Malifaux. The winning team will take home the Maryland Masters of Malifaux trophy to proudly display in their home location, will receive a bundle of additional prize support for their club and will host the next tournament in the series as they defend their title!

Tournament Packet: [attached]

Games and Stuff
7385-G Baltimore Annapolis Blvd
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
(410) 863-7418

http://gamesandstuffonline.com

GASMDMastersOfMalifauxRegional2-Preview.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Fair enough, I didn't really go into details with those. Gaining Grounds is a very useful framework, but I'll give my standard event exceptions (which you've mostly already hit on):

1) I'm not requiring painted models. There will be a prize for best painted to encourage painting. It's a good prize.

2) Yes, Wave 3 is absolutely legal.

3) If you have proxies/conversions, get to the event early and get them approved by me. If an official model exits, regardless of whether I approve, if your opponent is uncomfortable with the proxy/conversion you should have the official model ready to play in its place (this is rare, but important to note). If no official model exists and I've approved it, it will be legal to play.  Yes this applies to models that had metal sculpts that are difficult to acquire now (silent one, stitched together, dead doxy, witchling handler, etc.).

Even though I love Games and Stuff, I think I have to rep the store where I first henched. So I'm throwing my hat in the ring for Bel Air Games. The big question is Resser or Outcast?

I'm leaning Resser, personally, especially since I have Sim 29 painted up to proxy the Emissary, and -let's face it- McMourning/Kirai/Molly/Tara gives me a lot of flexibility.

Thanks again to everyone who came out and contributed to making this a fun and successful tournament!

Attendance was a bit lower than I had hoped, but we had 10 alsome Malifaux players come out. The final standings, for those who are curious, were as follows:

1. Andrew K [Resurrectionists]
  2. Sebastian P [Gremlins]
  3. Mark H [Gremlins]
  4. Matt S [Resurrectionists]
  5. Will M [Resurrectionists]
  6. Mariah K [Arcanists]
  7. Matt K [Neverborn]
  8. John H [Outcasts]
  9. Justin P [Gremlins]
  10. Travis P [Arcanists]

Best painted went to Sebastian and runner up to Mr. Matt Stanley.

Games and Stuff successfully defended their title with an average score of 6.3. Team Dream Wizards came in second with an average score of 5.0 and took home the Secret Weapon Tablescapes tiles for their store :)

Edited by rover1013
Factions Played