Help me love Mancha Roja

Metalface

Hey guys, newbie on the forums here trying to figure out some stuff for everyone's favorite Bayou Luchador. I really want to like this guy, his model, his style, his fluff, all amazing. But everytime I find myself fielding him, he just doesn't live up to my hype. So what does everyone think about him, and any advice on how to make him the best he can be? I've tried him with Wong, Zoraida, and The Brewmaster (because challenge with brewie seemed neat) but just haven't given him a good run yet. Thanks in advance and happy gaming to y'all.

OK, so I suppose I'm focusing too much on the "triple combo signature move of DEATH" and not actually giving him a fair chance to just be a solid melee beatstick? Also his upgrade, seems totally amazing, but will it end up coming up enough to be worth the stones? Thanks for the quick response btw ?

Check out those triggers on his attack! One for each suit and they're all amazing. The paralyse/kill combo is nice, but it can be good to just threaten it too. Challenge is fantastic, especially against low WP models and he's tall enough that it can get a nice wide aura. It can be a good way of just getting your opponent to waste cards too. Plonk him down somewhere nice, challenge and defensive stance and watch as they have to empty their hand to do anything.

Otherwise, Som'er/Skeeters or maybe Lenny are probably pretty nice with him to make sure he can get off those triggers without having to spend soulstones but I haven't actually tried that myself (and I suppose 19ss might be a tiny bit too much to spend on just two models.)

Or take him with Mah and get him to Ml8 >:D

He's fantastic. Especially when he's glowy. Forget about all of the triggers, a glowy Mancha Roja will make a red stain of damn near anything in the game. You don't need to paralyze it! He's about on par with Langston and behind maybe only Victoria of Blood in terms of raw damage output. Even when he's not glowy he packs a respectable punch with 3x Ml7 (one thousand masks) 2/5/6 attacks. 

I don't think extra gremlin is worth it. I will take it if Lenny is along, but even then it doesn't come up very often (you charge - you kill). Last game I took Trixie, Lenny, and Mancha to create a high-priced assault squad that moves pretty quickly. With Lenny give rams for I never and extra gremlin nothing survives. I didn't get to use extra gremlin once though (everything still died). 

• Like 1