Campaign: Multiple purchases on 1 Barter Flip?

Philosfr

Question

After playing a couple short intro campaigns, I have some questions before we jump into the full fledged one for Nythera. First, barter flips.

When you make a barter flip to see what you can purchase, there's usually about 4 options. If you have the scrip, can you purchase more than one of those options from a single flip? For example, if I flipped an 8, could I buy both the Metal Plate and Sharpshooter if I have the scrip for it?

The relevant portion of the text is "It may immediately purchase any Campaign Upgrade with a Barter Rating (BR) equal to the Barter flip's value by discarding an amount of Scrip equal to the Upgrade's listed Campaign Cost (CC)."

It seems like you can buy multiples as a result of that, but "any" doesn't make it clear...

5 answers to this question

Which is no answer to the question. He doesn't stated he wanted two buy the same multiple times but buying multiple different in one go.

that would still require the text to read "any campaign upgrades", though, IMO. The singular nature of the wording leads me to believe it's limited to buying one upgrade per barter flip.

that would still require the text to read "any campaign upgrades", though, IMO. The singular nature of the wording leads me to believe it's limited to buying one upgrade per barter flip.

Initially our group played it as "these are what's for sale, buy what you want", but after reading it again, I got the sense that it was singular in nature in both senses of the phrase. Make a flip, buy up to 1 copy of 1 thing, then make the next flip if you have one and repeat.

This is probably the way it's intended. Buying up 3 relic hammers when you flip the right card at once is probably excessive. Especially if you bought 3 Change of Stations on 3 Rotten Belles to make them Enforcers so they can wield them with Pounce and Lure...