BKFaux III - Malifaux Tournament in NYC - 10/17/15 - Results Up

Guy in Suit

Announcing BKFaux III – There Can Fauxnly Be One – a three round Fixed Master Malifaux tournament at Nu Brand Gaming - a tabletop gaming club located in Brooklyn, New York.

As this is not a Wyrd sponsored event (we plan to hold that again in the spring - so keep eyes peeled for BKFaux IV!), we will mix up the Gaining Grounds format a bit and are inviting you to think outside the box and bring a single master to attain a variety of diverse strategies and schemes.  I'm excited to see what you mad scientists come up with!

Nu Brand Gaming is a unique venue consisting of private and semi-private and open gaming rooms complete with all the essentials - tables, terrain, extra storage space and of course, cup-holders!  Check them out here:  https://www.facebook.com/NuBrandGaming

The venue is easily accessible via public transit to the 36th Street subway station in Brooklyn - 1 Stop from the LIRR terminal at Atlantic and 5 stops from Penn Station via the D train.  For drivers there is street parking, both metered and free, which can be found easily within a block or two.

You must be an active member the day of the event in order to use a Member ticket.  If you aren't a member and have been considering it - this is a great chance! Memberships start as low as $30.

Prize support will be epic and diverse as always.

There is no need to print out or bring a physical ticket, purchasing through the EventBrite page is all you need to do.

We will be using the 2015 Gaining Grounds rules packet with Two changes:

• Players must select a single master (and faction, if playing a dual-faction master).  This master is announced alongside faction during the 'Declare Faction' step.
  • Proxies for unreleased models are allowed with TO approval. Please submit your proxy with a picture to me via PM by 10/1/15.  Anything not available in plastic by Gencon is considered 'unreleased'. (Regulars feel free to show me in person.)

The event will take place on Saturday, October 17th with the following schedule:

• 10:00 Arrive, sign in, collect for lunch order
  • 11:00 Round 1
  • 1:00 Lunch
  • 2:00 Round 2
  • 4:00 Round 3
  • 6:00 Wrap Up and Prizes

All rounds will be played at 50 Soulstones

Deployments, Strategies and Schemes:

Round 1

Flank Deployment

Extraction

Outflank, Take Prisoner, Spring the Trap, Cursed Object

Round 2

Corner Deployment

Collect the Bounty

Breakthrough, Frame For Murder, Bodyguard, Vendetta

Round 3
 Close Deployment

Headhunter

Distract, Assassinate, Kill Protege, Protect Territory

The Eventbrite link to purchase tickets will be available on Wednesday 8/26/15.  

The event has grown to 32 players and is now at max capacity.  We can not add additional tables without impacting the comfort and feel of the gaming space. The remaining tickets are all there is!
Edited by Guy in Suit

So wait list is up and growing. This Wednesday I'm doing a walk thru with the owner and we are going to see how many additional tables we can fit if he opens up a new room. Pending confirmation I can stock the new tables with terrain, I will release additional tickets to the wait list. Note, these will be released to the wait list in the order people signed up, so if you want in, sign up!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
#PlayerTPVP DiffVP
1Arash Afghahi91828
2Dave Caruana91225
3Jacob Brandon91130
4Jarrett Messing61323
5Luke Weisman61124
6Chris Obrien6720
7Jake Dibattista6719
8Scott Wilson6417
9Will Pardington6326