Playing against Rasputina

szendroib

Hello guys!

I'm going to play against Rasputina and she has 2 things that I can't really handle sofar. Blasts and armor :). Do you have any good advices and/or unit suggestions against her?

I'm going to play Somer with enforcers and henchmen mostly, or I could play Ophelia but I'm not as experienced with her sofar.

Merris is probably your first port of call, she gives immunity to damage from :blasts in a pretty big aura. She's also amazingly good at hitting Deliver a Message or Plant Explosives, as well as being pretty decent at any other scheme marker based scheme.

You'll probably want Lenny too, to give your guys some nice :ram triggers to help against armour, plus the damage reduction aura can cover anyone Merris can't reach (or just reduce primary targets), but the other reason you want him is for his toss. Take a couple of Bayou Gremlins, Piglets or (if you have the soulstones for it) Moon Shinobis* and hurl them into Raspie to engage her and prevent her from using her :ranged attacks. Also, it's an auto-succeed tactical action on any Ht 1 model. Ice Gamin (and the Wendigo) are Ht 1. If she tries to engage with 'em, chuck them right back at her, or into a wall or something. Just force those Df duels to make her waste cards or take a little bit of chip damage (plus it hands out Insignificant - again great if she's using Gamin as scheme runners

At least one slop hauler is pretty much a given.

If you do decide to play Som'er, you might want to take a skeeter or two to fly in and engage annoying :ranged attackers, preferably Rasputina herself. They probably won't survive all that long, but they can be a nuisance and deny a few attacks, or you can position them a little more safely and have 'em fart twice a turn, trying to waste cards to stop those pesky damage cheats.

Finally, I played Mancha Roja the other day and oh wow I love him and I love challenge. Might be worth looking into too?

*YMMV, but the 2" melee range on Roundhouse plus their 6 wounds and stumble around drunk makes them frustratingly good at preventing shooting and interacts.

• Like 2

I don't particularly like building a crew specifically to deal with another master but regardless, Dogmantra's right on the money with Merris, Lenny and a Slop Hauler or two.

If you keep coming up against Armor, it would be worth picking up Wong, though. He can give Glowy to another model:

"Damage dealt by this model ignores Armor, Hard to Kill, and Incorporeal."

• Like 1

Armor is not hard to deal with if you go for volume of shots.  Remember that an attack that inflicts damage cannot be reduced below 1 by armor.  So if you have a lot of Bayou Gremlins that are shooting a ton of 1 damage attacks anyways then armor does not matter.

I would be careful about how you use Dumb Luck triggers against armored models though.  Unless you are getting a whole lot of damage from the attack it can often not inflict as much as you thought it would.  Just make sure to weight the risk vs reward of the dumb luck damage versus enemy armor before you declare the trigger.  For instance, if you declare dumb luck and flip poor for damage and end up doing 2 damage total, then any amount of armor will reduce that to 1 inflicted and you will take 1 to your model via the dumb luck rule.  That is pointless as you would have inflicted 1 point of damage to the enemy without declaring dumb luck.  This really starts to come into play when the enemy gets their armor value up to +2 or greater.

• Like 1