Mr. Cooper's Dark Carnival - Playtesting Sessions Week 4

Da Git

Is an action with a TN (without a resist flip) a simple duel? Do we have any of those where the starting stat is Wp? If so, the wording should specify only enemy models taking simple Wp duels.

Otherwise, I think we are fine? What am I missing here?

~Lil Kalki

No probs.

Another thought, and this goes with the comment LAMO made, perhaps you could add a side element to Cooper to include use of the poison mechanics. It would go with the hazy drug theme, and Alice -did- do Poison as a song as well (ok, out of WTMN era, but still his)

Well, truth be told, Cooper does use Poison mechanics a little bit, both direct and indirect. W2MN can auto-trigger poison in his cloud of haze marker-ness, and he can optionally hire Performers (free of tax) who can do that pseudo-Expunge-y thing. I would very much like to see an Arcanist crew list utilizing these things, though, so that we can test out its potency (if you pardon the expression). I had thought of that song but wasn't sure how to implement it in lyric or title, except through, oddly enough, the Sharpened Claws attack which used to be on the NMMrNG upgrade. I'd like an Infect trigger to exist somewhere in the crew again, but it might not be very feasible, honestly.

~Lil Kalki

Yeah, I was looking over the upgrades as well and I saw that (did not think of the performers though as arcanists are not a faction I look at all that much).

One think I noticed on Lola is the trigger on projected voice. It seems to be more powerful than even the Netgun I assume it is based off. Even with the :mask :mask requirement, it is not a hard ask when you can blow up a monkey to give that to her natively, so no need to worry about card in hand, or costing a SS.

Well, that's embarrassing.  The cards with the new Hazy Condition just say Simple Duels.  I'll have to edit it.

As for the Poison, what are some suggestions?  Is it too late?

As for the Upgrades NMM.NG is still the choppy option as it builds in the Crow trigger for +3 unreduced damage.

While WTMN opens up the Oddity Upgrades.

Also, I'm having a game with Asrian on Monday, so...

I'm Posting The Week 5 Cards in a new thread.

Please post there!