Yet another what to buy next

Pteppic

Hi guys getting back into Malifaux, having bought some stuff ages ago, but not getting to play untill recently.

I own the following

Kaeris

Ramos

Howard Langston

2 Arachnid swarms

Electrical creation

Mobile toolkit

2 Gunsmiths

3 Fire Gamin

My main concern in getting into learning the game is my lack of henchmen. While I understand they are not mandatory, I feel I am skipping a step as it were by having to launch straight into bigger games.

Buying wise to get either Joss or Firestarter I would have to buy a second copy of my masters in their new plastic sets. An alternative would be getting another arcanist box set, im leaning ironsides (not a fan of master but love the captain and mages models)

So have you guys got any thoughts on what to get next my focus is on kaeris over ramos currently.

I'm assuming your two Swarms are just the two medium bases?  If you get the plastic Ramos box then you'll have duplicates on Ramos and Howard, but you'll get the Brass Arachnid, Joss, and more Steam Arachnids so that's something.

I've never played Kaeris (yet, very excited for her box to come out) so can't help with her unfortunately.

I agree with Retnab that you'd want single Arachnids to effectively play Ramos, and since Brass Arachnid and Joss are good and Howard shouldn't be impossible to sell I'd get the crew box.

Eternal Flame and Firestarter are more optional. Many use the Malifaux Child as totem for Kaeris anyway so you may want to get that. And when speaking of Mercenaries Johan is generally useful.

December Acolytes are awesome. Metal Gamin are nice for cheap resilience.

I'm assuming your two Swarms are just the two medium bases?  If you get the plastic Ramos box then you'll have duplicates on Ramos and Howard, but you'll get the Brass Arachnid, Joss, and more Steam Arachnids so that's something.

I've never played Kaeris (yet, very excited for her box to come out) so can't help with her unfortunately.

Yes unfortunately I had them built as 2 swarms.

Thanks for the advice guys, sounds like duplicate Ramos is way to go, while joss doesnt synergise with kaeris he may prove very good in the crew as the melee tarpit/beatstick he is, and it lets Ramos actually be useful.