fixing or proxying the watcher

Shadowdragon

So, i just got myself a Hoffman crew box and i absolutely hate the watcher with the gimpy wing. I really hope Wyrd eventually accepts that the watcher's wing was a mistake and that it needs to be fixed. Until then, has anyone found a good replacement for the watcher's wings, or a good proxy to replace the entire miniature?

I made two mods to my watcher plastic model.  I replaced the wings and added a clear acrylic rod so that it wasn't balancing on the extended leg.

I replaced the wings with Dark Eldar Scourge "batwings":  I picked up mine when scourges were "hot" so they were a little cheaper than you'll find now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WARHAMMER-40K-BIN-BITS-DARK-ELDAR-SCOURGES-2x-BAT-WING-SETS-/361350111059?hash=item5422251f53

It took about a half hour of chopping and green stuffing to make them fit.  Fortunaely the scale of the scourge wing matches the "good" wing on the model so it's not to hard to get the new wings to mate up.

After getting the watcher built I really didn't trust that one leg to hold it up without breaking so I drilled a hole up through his rear end and added a 1/8" acrylic rod to the base.

I thought I had some pictures of it but can't find them.  I'll see if I can take some tonight.