Cerberus vs Rogue Necromancy

Mafu13

Hi all.

Kinda new to Malifaux, so just starting up my Marcus Crew. 

Just want come people opinions before I buy in to a Rogue Necro; 

I have a Cerberus, and we all know how scary he is. But he is an Enforcer, so I would have to wait for him to die for Myranda to become one. 

Would a viable strategy be, running a Rogue in the crew instead, so that Myranda has the option to become a Cerberus whenever she pleases? 

Just wanting to know other peoples experiences using both these big cats. Thanks in advance! :D

The two beasts fill different roles, although they are admittedly similar at first glance.

The Necromancy actually provides more board control than killing power, hard as that is to imagine.  But it can threaten a large area with Acid Breath, or it can instead engage any target that it could pick for successive attacks in the next round or after an Alpha or Hunting Call.  Impossible to Wound typically means you can let it sit in melee for a round without support, as opposed to the Cerebus, which prefers more hit-and-run tactics or bursting down an important enemy model or two, if possible.

Thanks for the info!

What is the rule on Enforcers? Can I have multiple Sabertooth Cerberus' in my crew at once? 

The rules on hiring restrictions are on page 72, big rulebook, whereas the rules on characteristics are on page 54 f., big rulebook.

Thanks for the info!

What is the rule on Enforcers? Can I have multiple Sabertooth Cerberus' in my crew at once? 

You sure can. I've played against a crew that was Pandora and 4 Teddies before. Nothing stopping you from taking multiples of models except for the Rare restrictions on their cards.