Sonnia Criid. i do not understand

Jewomie

I don't like taking Sonnia when FFM or Assassinate is in the pool because I feel that she gives those points up very easily.

One of my greatest weaknesses is that I have a tendency to only think about the VP I can get and not about points I might give away....so with that in mind, I see what you're saying now about FFM....it's super easy to get Sonnia to give you those points. However, most masters we have could give away those points....and don't you get full points for it if it's the master or henchman that kills the sucker? We have some stellar Henchman that show up in a lot of lists that could easily give it away as well.

And not sure I agree with Assassinate, as I've rarely lost Sonnia.....maybe I just have good threat assessment, but I think by screening her properly and picking the right targets to nuke she can stay pretty secure. Her 14" range is a big help for that.....and after I taught a few people how brutal Sam is in melee, most people in my meta don't really bother going after her.

• Like 2

Assassinate is probably a matter of personal style, Sonnia isn't really central to the lists I run her with so I probably leave her more exposed than I should and 12 wounds at Df 4 isn't very forgiving if something does get close to her... I do lose her less when I'm running her in disruption/denial mode than when I'm depending on her to blast everything off the table all by herself.

I've not had a whole lot of luck with most of our Henchmen. The people I play against see the threat they are and focus them down pretty quickly if I'm aggressive with them so mostly I look at the utility they can provide. As such I like the Judge for his (0), I like Sidir and Ryle for their toughness and crew support, and I've grown to grudgingly appreciate the million little things Dashel does for me. Generally if I want a model dead I throw Witchlings/Riflemen/Austringer/Lawyers at it - unless I've got Sonnia on the table because if she has enemy models within range and LOS she will be shooting them.

I also look at the strategy/schemes in the context of the other masters I like. Lucius would be my go-to for the pool because he makes Squatter's really easy, completes Protect Territory on accident, facilitates Outflank, never gives up full points on FFM and has ways to eliminate it entirely if I'm able to spot it (poison from Lawyers, burning from Witchlings and the tools to get it where it needs to be) and has sneaky ways of scoring it himself, and while I don't normally try for assassinate with him I love it when people try to complete it against him.