Warscore.net as a replacement to MalifauxRankings in US

PeregrineFalcon

As many of you know MalifauxRankings.com is no longer supporting non-UK events. A few alternatives were considered, but once I came across Warscore.net I thought it would be the best new home for US (FYI it can support the entire world too) rankings.

Here are some reasons I like Warscore.net:

• Customizable Rankings Categories that ANYONE can create (I already started a US Malifaux Rankings you can see here) (We can have regions, or clubs can even run their own internal rankings all very easily).
  • It supports players who DO and DONT want to be ranked (if you provide an email you're ranked, if not you are not ranked)
  • It supports unique usernames/account (no more issues with people entering your name wrong and having multiple entries)
  • The email support allows for sharing each round pairing (even before an event) as well as sending out final results to all attendees who provide an email
  • The site is super simple to use and the developer has created as a platform for more than just 1 single game system, he is happy to make updates to better support us and the Malifaux community
  • Event results can be seen and results displayed are customizable. Therefore, if you want to see your final score for an event you can view specific events rather than us needing to create tables on the Wyrd Forums, we can just link to the event page. (Example: Live Free or Die Cheating 2015)
  • Allows for 'seasons', so we can reset at the beginning of 2016, but can also have an all-time record
  • We can make different events weighted different (for example, larger events vs. smaller events, or even longer round events vs. shorter round events). If you have questions about that we can go through it in this thread, just ask.

So there are a lot of other great reasons to like it. Here are some things to note to make the best use out of the site and the software. 

1. If you're a TO, you will want to download this file and become familiar with the software to use during events
  2. If you're a player, you will want to signup on the website, make sure to note the email you use. As you will want to give this to the TO during registration or check-in at an event. You can associate multiple emails with your account and give whichever you want to the TO
  3. Here are some template files I created, as we get better support for Malifaux in it this may get simplified but for now this is what we have (3-Round Malifaux Template, 4-Round Malifaux Template, 5-Round Malifaux Template)
  4. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, or even better post here so others can see it. Also there is a pretty active 'Help Discussion Page' here, but its for more general thing, also there is general 'Help' on the site (just click the help on the warscore.net page)

So that's enough for you to consume for now. I've started back filling some events (note Adepticon, and I have Somer's Spring event almost ready, just need to get Templecon in there too). Anyways, if you're a TO or a player who wants to be ranked and see how you do through out the year its a great system.

• Like 3

Yeah, I don't know how I would feel about it. The story encounter atmosphere is great, and it is of course a very competitive, but what basically amounts to a VP/Diff/TP or whatever the breakdown ended up being probably keeps it from wanted to be ranked next to a typical TP/Diff/VP event.

If you guys (other players, T.O.s, rankings organizers) feel that it's okay, I wouldn't shout down the mountains, but I took 2nd with just two wins, and getting points for that might feel unwholesome. 

Could be just me. 

ENinja

ps

And just as a point of reference- I know we're making our own brackets and can change the system as necessary to our scene, but the UK didn't account for rankings at Story Encounter events, which is what BtF is/was marketed as. That being said, the Master Tourney at Ordo Fanaticus that's coming up is a totally legitimate ranked event (presuming 10 or more folks play). 

• Like 1

The only thing I see so far as a glitch?!? is not being able to view all events for a given player. Like bringing up a player's stats and being able to view all the events for that person. Is this something I am doing wrong when accessing the site or?

The only thing I see so far as a glitch?!? is not being able to view all events for a given player. Like bringing up a player's stats and being able to view all the events for that person. Is this something I am doing wrong when accessing the site or?

The site does support this, however, because I did a lot of back filling of events, and all I was given as data was the final standings and scoring I don't have each round matchup to publish. Its just a growing pain of switching systems, it will get better as more people use the system.

• Like 1