(EXPANDING) - Ophelia LaCroix box set

NeverBrawn

So i recently purchased a Ophelia LaCroix starting crew, I have converted up a Merris LaCroix proxy to use with Ophelia's hooch gun upgrade! And hiring Sue, Outcast Enforcer for his proximity burn effect. Stacking up some nice aoe burning is my aim. Looking for help completing my list new to malifaux and looking to get playing asap crew is currently a w.i.p.

Merris LaCroix, stops friends being hit by blast and templates. And has a ranged burn attack.

Ophelia LaCroix, hooch gun burn effect.

Sue, hired enforcer burn aura around him.

X2 Slop haulers healing

Lenny reducing damage my crew takes

Any help building my crew would be greatly appriated...

Will this even work?? Looking for a balanced crew list to take tournaments with a quirky burning twist! Was considering summoning or piggys to create cheap disposable gremlin meatshields to hide behind and aoe burn my foes to death ;-)

Malifaux really isn't a one list fits all situations type of game. You get to pick your crew after your opponent has declared their faction and after you know the Strategy and scheme pool you're playing.

If you're using Ophelia's Hooch gun, you could just as easily be using her Rough Riders, which if she's in Lenny's aura would be min dmg 4 (or if she cheats in a  :ram or burns a stone for one)

2 Slop haulers may be overkill, but I'm probably not best to advise on them because I rarely even take 1.

I'd check through the Gremlin threads, there's quite a few with advice on where to start with Gremlins, the synergies between models and who's good at what strats/schemes

• Like 1

I agree with Malal that a fixed list approach won't work. For example, if the Strategy is Reckoning or there is Make Them Suffer in the Scheme pool, you don't want to take three Young LaCroix along.

You can build a core and then vary the support elements around it and do pretty well. This is how it usually goes when you're starting (the game or a new faction).

Ophelia is nice in that she can do any Strategy and expect to do pretty well.

Sue is a nice Merc. I'm not sure that focusing on Burning is really viable but he packs a mean punch and the extra protection from Ca attacks can be golden. Obeying (and similar effects) Gremlins is often very nice since the opponent can use Dumb Luck to hurt both the Obeyed Gremlin as well as his target and The Man in Black can offer some protection from that.

Slop Haulers are absolutely golden and I take two into 90% of Gremlin games. The healing is really good but even without it they would be worth the 5SS price. The Defense debuff is really nice, they have OK damage tracks and Bayou Two-card rocks.

Malifaux really isn't a one list fits all situations type of game. You get to pick your crew after your opponent has declared their faction and after you know the Strategy and scheme pool you're 

2 Slop haulers may be overkill, but I'm probably not best to advise on them because I rarely even take 1.

I'm just curious why you don't take Slop Haulers? Even with Somer and Family Tree? They seem invaluable for healing up after Reckless and keeping the bigger models hitting.

Personally, that's the first thing I'd add to a new list but I am conscious of the fact that they're a fifth of my list each time.

I'm just curious why you don't take Slop Haulers? Even with Somer and Family Tree? They seem invaluable for healing up after Reckless and keeping the bigger models hitting.

Personally, that's the first thing I'd add to a new list but I am conscious of the fact that they're a fifth of my list each time.

Well I've rarely run Somer and never with family tree. Brewmaster brings more than enough heals. My Wong and Ophelia crews keep the enemy out of range of damaging me or just dead. Dirty Cheater spread round  helps mitigate Reckless for a few key models and finally the SS spent on them can be better spent imo,off the top of my head a Lightning Bug would always be preferable.