What Outcast models work in Neverborn?

TychoTerziev

Can't believe nobody has really discussed Johan / Johana! Condition removal isn't really something that is common within Neverborn and it's incredibly useful not to mention he has a Relic Hammer and HtK with 8 Wounds AND Flurry. Johan works well with anybody and even at 7ss with the merc tax he's worth it! I can also see Sue being useful with his variety of support buffs and he's pretty kick ass with his guns to boot! Not sure I'd pay 9ss for him though. Hans on the other hand... Yeah... I'd totally take him for 9ss  :D Killjoy with Lilith seems like a no brainer! 

Johan/Johanna is too obvious of a choice to discuss I reckon. Still its a bit weird that nobody mentioned them!

Sue for 9ss isn't that bad, but a bit steep. The anticasting auras can benefit Lilith at least.

Killjoy+Bad Juju combo is pretty neat for the guerilla fighters of the faction, mainly Zoraida and Lilith that is. Throw in a Blackblood Shaman who can also heal the Fat One while dishing out even more blackblood and its even more interesting.

9ss for Hans isn't that a bit steep too? I don't really rate Hans, for reasons, mainly inexperience with him. Make a pitch MD!

I just love Hans in general. I think he is perfectly priced at 8ss, you are right that 9ss is probably a tad steep but if you want a dedicated sniper with a tonne of triggers which he can achieve any off with his (0) and a retarded range of 36" then Hans is your man. He also has the gimmick of shooting away upgrades which can be handy against Henchmen and Enforcers but don't count on it working too often against Masters (As a side note if Tara buries Hans she can copy this action with one of her upgrades ;)). Most people will happily pay the 2 card price to keep their upgrade which in turn I guess has it's advantages. Although it's any action he target's Masters with you can fairly quickly drain an enemy hand if they are worried about taking some Sniper rounds in the face. His Triggers can dish out Slow, Prevent enemy models from taking Ml actions, Ignore Armour and Ignore Incorporeal. He's Immune to Wp duels during his activation, he ignores LoS Blocking Markers,  :pulse:aura and he is Disguised. My ONLY beef with his triggers is that half of them require you to discard a card to make the effect happen which can become fairly costly if you first discard for the suit then have to discard for the effect of the trigger as well. Personally I only really discard cards for Ignore Armour or Ignore Incorporeal. 

I regularly use a Trapper or Hans (depending on terrain, deployment and strat/schemes) in combination with a Doppy. The later can't take triggers with the gun but she can shoot 3 times with her Mimic trigger and of course you will also have the golden opportunity to cheat initiative. Works great.

Lazarus could be also devastating with some movement shenanigans (Hello Lilith!) and once in a while I hire the Student of Conflict in case the battle looks to be mainly static or I desperately need that Fast for an Assassination run. (Btw the Doppelganger is also great with SoC since she can copy Sisters in Spirit and transport the totem really fast.)

And of course Taelor is a good piece against Ressers or a fellow Neverborn player who likes to field the Dreamer.

• Like 2

And of course Taelor is a good piece against Ressers or a fellow Neverborn player who likes to field the Dreamer.

Taelor also becomes near unkillable while you have soulstones if you give her the Nexus of Power upgrade. When opponent's attack would reduce her to 1 wound, just use a soulstone for :+fate and she will heal to 2 wounds after the action is complete. Obviously does not work against everything, but can stop some really killy models from being able to take her out.
  • Like 1