Starting off Malifaux

Kofibrake

Hello bayou dwellers

I am relatively new to this.

Have collected Gremlins for about 2 months. Actually, have started Malifaux about 2 months ago. Purchased 1 box crew + Fate deck + rulebook + 1 unit of add-ons

Purchased Ophelia's boxed crew, 2 slop haulers, Burt Jebsen, Gracie (Wong always sold out, DAMMIT), Sommer Teeth Jones and the University of Transmortis (wait, what??).

As my usual game partner (for Warhammer 40K at least) gave me the turn around and instead of purchasing his own crew box went for bolt action, I have yet to play my first game. Sad, I know.

I have been reading about tactica and stuff for at least a month and a half.

Already have a few ideas lined up for my first game. and for the other one after that.

I was considering an extra box of Bayou Gremlins as Sommer is the gremlin factory, but i dont really see many people fielding more than 1 set of them. So how useful will it be?

If you want to play Sommer as a serious summoner, then you need more than 4 gremlins. He is capable of summoning 3 a turn if he does nothing else.

But he is perfectly playable without the FAmily tree upgrade, and even taking the upgrade he doesn't have to spend every AP summoning, buth rather could happily summon occasionally just to keep you at 4 bayou gremlins.

I've played several games where Sommer has summoned 8+ gremlins over the course of the game, but you probably wouldn't need more than 8 gremlins in total for that I'm not sayign its impossible to get higher that that, but if you've got 8 gremlins running around over the board  and your opponent uisn't killing them, thn eitehr you're not gettign them to do what they need to do, or you're winnign big time.

I would suggest playing a few games with him. Don't focus on summonign as many as you can, just do it occasionally, and see if you feel that you would do better with more than 4 models. If the answer is yes, then look to buying another pack.

And in all honesty, short of tournement settings (some would be fine with this I expect , playing using Young LAcroix as extra bayou because you're summoned beyond your owned collection is probbaly fine. Check with your opponent first, but I haven't faced anyone in a friendly game that would object at all to this

Hi Adran. that sounds acceptable and I am not one to find prejudice over Kin as Bayour gremlins either.

I happened upon a few tactis with Sommer already, but the thing I have been looking for is actually Ophelia. She is killy as Gremlins get, and a slop hauler in the Vicinity will keep her going for more bang for the buck. I was thinking to maybe synergise Gracie + Ophelia running around the table shooting around corners due to gracie's saddle and reactivation upgrades. - Walk Ophelia, shoot twice + walk Gracie towards Ophelia, then run Gracie + Ophelia together due to Saddle, then line up Ophelia out of harms way or prep her for shooting next turn.

Does this seem doable? or am I feeding my green lass to the meat grinder?

I've seen Gracie moving alsorts of Gremlins around on her saddle, with the re-activate its pretty good. Doing it to Ophelia will make a surprisingly mobile gun platform of death.

In all honesty you are probbaly best Walking Gracie, movign Ophelia due to saddle, then using Ophelia if possible for shooty death, and then Saddling her away, or if nothign it that close, doign both gracie activations before Ophelia.  I can't see any reason if you are plannign on saddling Gracie, why Ophelia should need to walk.

But be wary of over extending your forces. Whilst they are both good models, they probably can not stand up to a whole crew going after them.( But if that does give you  time to let the rest of your crew score its points, then  don't be afraid to let them die)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Malal.

But be honest: that is an alpha strike all eggs in one basket kinda move, right?

Because if not, i got 2 good characters up their necks in enemy territory and they either kill the creature in one go, or face the eternal sunshine of the spotless facepalm.

Well, built in Ramms for thinkin' luck triple-shooting Ophelia would kill Darth Vader anyway.

hello and welcome to the Bayou!

looks like you have a solid start there, I personally dont really play the gremlin factory list as I find it very boring and not all that strong compared to a more elite, in your face with his boomstick approach, thats just my personal preference though, try different things and see what works for you, in fact, I dont really field bayou gremlins too often at all, or Lenny for that matter, Lenny is just so expensive and I prefer our beatsticks over the bayou gremlin, while they are cheap, it definitely shows why in their stat line.

anyways good luck!