Webstore Mechandise

Hey all,

I'm a new Malifaux player, totally hooked on the game and miniatures and have a couple questions regarding purchasing their products that maybe someone has some answers to.

1) If a box set/ mini disappears from the website does this mean they are no longer making it? e.g. M2E Children of December crew box set

2) Why are crew box sets priced so differently? (i.e. - a 7-model plastic set of one faction costs $50 where as of another faction costs $30)

3) Will they ever be bringing back models that were limited edition into mainstream print (or new versions of them)?

e.g. The hanged man's tree that came out for Gencon a couple years back - I'd love to get some Malifaux specific terrain for the game and am so sad that I missed it as I only came across the game this year.

1) if stuff disappears, it just means they are out of stock

2) plastics will cost more than metal sets, and sets cost more because of the number of models in them. My Bayou Boss and Kin boxes cost more than my Redchapel one purely because there are 3 or 4 extra pieces.

3) being only relatively new to the game myself, it seems some stuff comes back and others dont. Word is that Wyrd have a big black Friday sale when they sell excess special ed stuff

1) I'll add that if metal product disappears it's gone for good.

2) Don't know of any $30 plastic boxes, the older 1.5 plastic boxes start at $35 and typically has 6 man sized miniatures. Then if you look at the boxes as they march towards $50 they gradually add extra models and/or have some larger models. That is only part of the truth of course, as any product being sold in a market economy strives to hit the price sweet spot of supply and demand.

The cost of a plastic box is determined by other factors than number of models - it also incorporates tooling complexity (and therefore tooling costs), total plastic volume consumed, and demoulding time. A kit of 6 man sized models, where one has thicker parts and another is a difficult tooling job, will cost more than another kit of the same number of man sized models.

• Like 1