mei feng or misaki?

grave13

Wait huh what? Could you please elaborate this a bit? :D

I am sorry for derailing this topic but these are too nice to pass on :P

Glowing Sabre gives the Pale Rider a melee attack with  :ram Crit Strike.  With the Rider's + :ram  / turn ability, this means the sabre damage increases every turn with no limit, unlike his normal Final Moments attack, which states you max out at +2 damage from the addition  :ram s.

Only works with Guild McCabe though.

• Like 1

Glowing Sabre gives the Pale Rider a melee attack with  :ram Crit Strike.  With the Rider's + :ram  / turn ability, this means the sabre damage increases every turn with no limit, unlike his normal Final Moments attack, which states you max out at +2 damage from the addition  :ram s.

Only works with Guild McCabe though.

Oh that is evil :D

After reading up on each model in the crew box of Mei Feng they all seem to have a theme that they share or can add to. The burning condition. My question is when playing this crew should i run the rail workers with kang and keep them kinda close together so that they can benifit from each other? And with mei feng what shiuld she be focusing on? I know it really depends on what kind of game you are playing i.e. turf war. Or running schems. What is the best way to run them on different scenarios?

Don't worry about the burning condition, it's a very secondary thing outside of Mei Feng hitting stuff with it harder and the Rail Golem using it to get all fired up. The Rail workers have a very hard time actually using their shovel faster action and tend to be best served as beaters that hit incredibly hard for their cost with their cards discard action. Kang's buffs are always awesome, but only actually relevant vs constructs and undead, hell, if neither of those are expected to be on the other side and there is no reason to respect horror duels, Kang can sit that fight out and you can reach for another big boy model, Ten Thunders are choking with them.

As for what does Mei do in life, basically, engage, punch people and be horribly annoying. She is aggressive control engaging in her terms. If you go into your upgrades, she then goes into "push everyone everywhere" territory though the upgrade I always use no matter what is Vapromancy since the higher attack stat and effective weak damage 3 with blasts that are also weak damage 3 thanks to her burning trigger means she can do very big holes and lets her attack without being forced to push like the kick makes her. The rest of her upgrades are up to taste, Seismic claws is the goto punching upgrade, though I never get that much out of it lately, the kick trigger upgrade can be a life saber when the other master uses counters or in a scheme heavy match and Hard Worker lets her ignore Hard to Wound and Armor, making problm targets become putty in her hands. Recalled training is also always awesome and On Wings of Wind is a huge boon for her.

Also, Mei Feng is the bane of any ranged crew worth a damn. Vent Steam can utterly cripple any ranged based strategy if stacked enough times

• Like 1

Don't worry about the burning condition, it's a very secondary thing outside of Mei Feng hitting stuff with it harder and the Rail Golem using it to get all fired up. The Rail workers have a very hard time actually using their shovel faster action and tend to be best served as beaters that hit incredibly hard for their cost with their cards discard action. Kang's buffs are always awesome, but only actually relevant vs constructs and undead, hell, if neither of those are expected to be on the other side and there is no reason to respect horror duels, Kang can sit that fight out and you can reach for another big boy model, Ten Thunders are choking with them.

As for what does Mei do in life, basically, engage, punch people and be horribly annoying. She is aggressive control engaging in her terms. If you go into your upgrades, she then goes into "push everyone everywhere" territory though the upgrade I always use no matter what is Vapromancy since the higher attack stat and effective weak damage 3 with blasts that are also weak damage 3 thanks to her burning trigger means she can do very big holes and lets her attack without being forced to push like the kick makes her. The rest of her upgrades are up to taste, Seismic claws is the goto punching upgrade, though I never get that much out of it lately, the kick trigger upgrade can be a life saber when the other master uses counters or in a scheme heavy match and Hard Worker lets her ignore Hard to Wound and Armor, making problm targets become putty in her hands. Recalled training is also always awesome and On Wings of Wind is a huge boon for her.

Also, Mei Feng is the bane of any ranged crew worth a damn. Vent Steam can utterly cripple any ranged based strategy if stacked enough times

Hey thanks for the run down on Mei Feng. It clairifies some things

Hey thanks for the run down on Mei Feng. It clairifies some things

Oh, quick thing I didn't mention, abuse the hell out of that 3" melee range, make anything that wants to attack her with a melee range lower than her have to walk to do it and always be on the lookout for good occasions to use leap aside, be it by having a high mask or blowing a stone and a card, since a well used Leap Aside can kill the enemy crews activation or maybe even the whole turn.

Im trying to understand how the rail walk ability works for Mei feng. Is it an action that happens before an attack or after an attack and it does have to be in 6" of a construct right? Is line of sight important for this? Say you have a construct behind a wall and it is well within 6" of mei feng is she able to use her rail walk ability for that construct?

Misaki is more independently mobile with a better attack and only slightly less survivability.  She cares less about suits (which makes her less card reliant), which is better for your crew. She also cares less about her crew and its placement, which means she can work better solo.

Mei Feng has a lot going for her, but Misaki would be my go to in 10T for a melee Master.

Im trying to understand how the rail walk ability works for Mei feng. Is it an action that happens before an attack or after an attack and it does have to be in 6" of a construct right? Is line of sight important for this? Say you have a construct behind a wall and it is well within 6" of mei feng is she able to use her rail walk ability for that construct?

Basically, yes, you do need line of sight to the construct you leap to because of the spell wording including the word "target", the moment any action includes that keyword, you will need line of sight. Also, Railwalk is pretty simple, you cast the spell on a construct or scarp marker withing 6" and LoS from Mei Feng, then, if you succeed, you pick Mei Feng and put her base to base with the targeted model in any part of the base you want. Thanks to it's trigger being automatic, it then lets you cast the spell again, usually on a different construct to cover more ground, or it lets you make a Kick attack action. If you have a construct close enough and succeed enough times, you can leap until you are near an enemy and then kick it in the face with the trigger, making it an incredibly efficient way to move up the board, it does require set up though.

Misaki is more independently mobile with a better attack and only slightly less survivability.  She cares less about suits (which makes her less card reliant), which is better for your crew. She also cares less about her crew and its placement, which means she can work better solo.

Mei Feng has a lot going for her, but Misaki would be my go to in 10T for a melee Master.

Without going into upgrades, because Misaki can be outright daunting if using her upgrades for it, I find Mei to be a lot harder to take down than misaki, that Armor +1 is a lot more useful than bulletproof, Leap Aside has saved my ass a good chunk of times and Vent Steam is a lot easier to get a good use out of than Deadly Dance even though they both operate against very different threats. There is no denying that Misaki is killier though, specially with upgrades where she goes into overdrive, though Hard Worker lets Mei Feng be better against models with armor or hard to wound (and can ignore illusory forest with it, damn forest has already screwed me over a good number of times...).

I also find it a bit of a myth that Mei is suit reliant. On her base card, she only needs a suit to get the Intimidating Pose trigger and the rest is on her upgrades, being Rolling Ground the only trigger that you will want to use constantly, since tremors which is the most powerful one does not need a suit since the claws have it built in and Thunderous Smash is a conditional thing that you go for only when you need to remove markers. She does need a 7 or three depending on the turn though since those railwalks can become integral to a plan.

Also, very important thing about Vent Steam, keep in mind it affects all attack actions that are Sh and Ca on any model within 4" from Mei. So if you wanted to cast an Airburst with Sensei Yu on a model inside Vent Steam, he would be in a - flip and if Mei Feng is in the thick of it and vents steam, your guys shooting the enemy models in the steam are also protected. So basically, really be mindful of what you will want to target with your actions since vent steam works both ways, reason why it's so damn powerful yet easy to activate.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE both Misaki and Mei Feng and I like to use both of them, but since you've already decided on Mei Feng, it's what I'm focusing on. I do consider them both different enough to be in the same collection and not feel redundant though.

Basically, yes, you do need line of sight to the construct you leap to because of the spell wording including the word "target", the moment any action includes that keyword, you will need line of sight. Also, Railwalk is pretty simple, you cast the spell on a construct or scarp marker withing 6" and LoS from Mei Feng, then, if you succeed, you pick Mei Feng and put her base to base with the targeted model in any part of the base you want. Thanks to it's trigger being automatic, it then lets you cast the spell again, usually on a different construct to cover more ground, or it lets you make a Kick attack action. If you have a construct close enough and succeed enough times, you can leap until you are near an enemy and then kick it in the face with the trigger, making it an incredibly efficient way to move up the board, it does require set up though.

Without going into upgrades, because Misaki can be outright daunting if using her upgrades for it, I find Mei to be a lot harder to take down than misaki, that Armor +1 is a lot more useful than bulletproof, Leap Aside has saved my ass a good chunk of times and Vent Steam is a lot easier to get a good use out of than Deadly Dance even though they both operate against very different threats. There is no denying that Misaki is killier though, specially with upgrades where she goes into overdrive, though Hard Worker lets Mei Feng be better against models with armor or hard to wound (and can ignore illusory forest with it, damn forest has already screwed me over a good number of times...).

I also find it a bit of a myth that Mei is suit reliant. On her base card, she only needs a suit to get the Intimidating Pose trigger and the rest is on her upgrades, being Rolling Ground the only trigger that you will want to use constantly, since tremors which is the most powerful one does not need a suit since the claws have it built in and Thunderous Smash is a conditional thing that you go for only when you need to remove markers. She does need a 7 or three depending on the turn though since those railwalks can become integral to a plan.

Also, very important thing about Vent Steam, keep in mind it affects all attack actions that are Sh and Ca on any model within 4" from Mei. So if you wanted to cast an Airburst with Sensei Yu on a model inside Vent Steam, he would be in a - flip and if Mei Feng is in the thick of it and vents steam, your guys shooting the enemy models in the steam are also protected. So basically, really be mindful of what you will want to target with your actions since vent steam works both ways, reason why it's so damn powerful yet easy to activate.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE both Misaki and Mei Feng and I like to use both of them, but since you've already decided on Mei Feng, it's what I'm focusing on. I do consider them both different enough to be in the same collection and not feel redundant though.

Im greatfull that your helping me out on Mei Feng. Im sure im going to have many more question later on. There is alot to wrap my head around on her. Shes odd for being an archanist because she is melee focused.. which i think is pretty damn cool. Also I already have the Marcus crew box so i might as well build on the archanist

I find Mei to be more card reliant in general, I lover her to bits but I really only use her as an Arcanist.

Misaki doenst have that problem. Every game win or lose with Misaki I have a lot of fun with, I find her extremely enjoyable to use. I play a lot more of a denial game with her as I find she is generally hitty enough on her base card. As for Ototo I use him as a second line model otherwise he does just go down too quickly, if you set up an Orian or Ronin in a position that Ototo can cover you have a small bit of piece trade that can happen but his threat potentially holds the position with less effort than may otherwise be required.

Im greatfull that your helping me out on Mei Feng. Im sure im going to have many more question later on. There is alot to wrap my head around on her. Shes odd for being an archanist because she is melee focused.. which i think is pretty damn cool. Also I already have the Marcus crew box so i might as well build on the archanist

Well, if you are going the way of the arcanist, I suggest you go to their subforum and ask more around, I only play Mei in the Ten Thunders so I don't really know what yummy stuff she gets from her association there. As for Marcus, he can also beat face like the best of them, respect the beast master!

@Razhem she has a few tricks up her sleeve as Arcanist but with the amount of 10T minions she can play with you really aren't losing out (possibly a soulstone miner or 2 for stake a claim)

Komainu with Tosh, Rail Workers, Willie, Golem, Metal Gamin, Tengu, 10T brothers all have a place in my Mei Feng 10T toolbox.

D.

Well, if you are going the way of the arcanist, I suggest you go to their subforum and ask more around, I only play Mei in the Ten Thunders so I don't really know what yummy stuff she gets from her association there. As for Marcus, he can also beat face like the best of them, respect the beast master!

Actually I meant i could always have the option running her as archanist. But in her case id rather run her as 10t. So still would like your guidance on her

• Like 1

Actually I meant i could always have the option running her as archanist. But in her case id rather run her as 10t. So still would like your guidance on her

Well, outside of wanting a few constructs for leaping, pretty much anything is fair game with Mei Feng since she tends to do her thing outside of protecting your crew from Ca and Sh actions in the early game. So yeah, pretty much any of our independentish pieces works perfectly with her. I'd suggest you started putting her on the table and getting used to how she plays and get a feel to what she can and can't do. Also, don't worry if she dies early, as long as she took something with her or held the enemy crew enough for you to get your schemes going, she did her job.

Now i recently found something on google search. It is a combo chart for Mei Feng that someone created. It shows how she is able to achieve each combo. I will try to explain what it is showing. It starts with scalding breath and with a tomb and a mask it makes vent steam and vent steam auto goes to superheat. Then shows tiger claws with a tome and mask can go to vent steam to superheat and within two inches with two mask can go to jachammer kick and with crow feathers turns into iron skin.....iron skin im not aware of i didnt know if that is something she has or not because im questioning the legitimacy of this chart.

It then shows railwalker and with two tomes can go to jackhammer kick and with a feather to iron skin.

And last it showes seismic punch and with a tome and a mask can go to jackhammer kick and as above with a feather. Iron skin.

Now if you want to see this chart firsthand google image search Mei Feng combo chart. I stumbled across this when doing an image search on Mei Fengs tattoo...because i want to get a good visual on her tattoo so i can plan it out on her minature.