Tara Crew

xGIxJOKERx

Here are some pictures of my Tara crew I finished up this weekend. I had them for a year so it was probably time to put some paint on them. Of course no crew is ever truly done and I have Bête Noir, some Punk Zombies, and Convict Gunslingers coming in my GenCon order. The pictures are about the best I can manage with an eight year old camera and no lighting set up to speak of.

First up are a few of the Nothing Beast, his little buddies and Killjoy:

Next we have some Death Marshals. I didn't like the Ghost Rider heads at first but they really grew on me. I think they work especially well for Tara's undead marshals.

Next are Tara herself and Karina. I added an extra Death Marshal hat and the holstered pistol to her so she more closely resembles the concept art. I also put a gloss varnish on her sword.

Finally we have the whole happy family, aside from Killjoy who must still be buried. I had actually gone back and added to Tara and Karina after this picture was taken, that's why they look different in the previous photo, which is more up to date.

C&C is, of course, welcome.

Short version:

She works with burying but can't generally make more than one thing buried at a time, they don't have that limitation.

Autopsies are good for their cost, and her beta avatar had an overlap with general conditions (which was why they were originally introduced to her crew, other than to balance it with giving ressers access to her crew).

Long version: link to a bunch of tactics...

Yeah the flaming heads is nothing to do with Tara, I thought part of the fluff of the death marshalls is that because of what they do for a living their appearance changes over time to become more and more demonic like that. Something about their knowledge of necromancy warping them even though they dont use it? Even the non flaming heads have freaky features don't they? I dont own any plastic death marshalls but I thought this was the case with the set.

Yeah I see a lot of the flaming heads as well. I am personally more partial to the scarred bald demonic normal heads but I am even more partial to the metal undead death marshalls (especially the one tugging his beard and dragging a broken corpse), so I dont plan on getting the plastics any time soon.

The beard is actually an arm he's chewing on (though I painted mine as a beard too, first- I think a lot of people mix that up)

Also, yeah, that dude's definitely got the "best death marshal evar" award (miss terious is pretty good, and the autopsy DM would be definite second if done in plastic, but that mini's just too spindly in metal- I'm always worried I'll break it), though all the DM's have been pretty nice.

No way its an arm? I will have to look more closely. Just goes to show once you see something wrong you can see it that way every time you look at it, even for years.

I happen to like the one stepping out of his coffin as well but the guild autopsy one is sweet(but damn those spindly bits). And who could forget Miss Terious. She is way too cool to be jumping into combat or banishing evildoers, she just wants to lean back against her coffin and take in the battlefield. I agree though that in general DMs are cool sculpts. They should be I would think, both because of their concept and because they are such an iconic model in Malifaux

Yeah after looking at the picture it is definitely an arm. I almost remember something along the lines of noticing this before, maybe I did and completely forgot again lol. In any case it is less clear on a bare metal model, mine isnt even cleaned yet so i am going to say there was flash or something obscuring the model rather than that I just didnt look closely enough :D