Focus - Guild austringer and Nino

theshepherd

Question

Quick question about focus, I wanted to make sure I'm playing this right. Do you get the focus benefit and the range increase?

How I read it...

Nino standard  :ranged has a natural  :+fate to attack

Nino focus = his range increases due to his description on  his  :ranged AND he gets the standard benefits of focus  :+fate to attack and damage. 

So he would end up being able to focus and then take a  :ranged with  :+fate  :+fate  to attack range 36" and  :+fate to damage.

Austringer would focus and end up range 18 with  :+fate to attack and damage. 

No one has questioned me playing it like that yet but I have seen people play it with focus just gives the increase to the range?

3 answers to this question

You have it right. 

Nino has  :+fate built into his Repeating Rifle, when you focus you gain the  :+fate to both attack and damage as usual so in total Nino will have extended range as well as  :+fate :+fate to attack and  :+fate to damage. 

Be careful with the Austringer though, essentially the principle is the same however the Austringers basic Raptor attack is Range 12", when you focus it becomes 18"  :ranged. At 12" it doesn't have the " :ranged ". This is important because it means he can 1) use it as a melee attack if he is engaged and 2) it will not randomize when being used in an existing engagement that doesn't involve the Austringer. When he focuses he gains +6" range and the  :ranged meaning he can no longer use the Raptor to attack models he is engaged with and it will randomize targets when being fired at an engagement. This is fairly important depending on the Austringer's situation.